Halfway to Goal

Options
My goal is to lose 100 lbs. From (male, 5' 9", 246.3 lbs) to svelte fit 146.3 lbs. I am running and that is a big part of this process, and also a part of what I want to do at goal weight. I dream of lining up, prepared to run a brisk 5K, up in the 'A' group with a t-shirt saying on the back "How did you lose 100 lbs?" and on the front "MFP."

Today I hit the midpoint, 50lbs. lost. THANK YOU, THANK YOU. 😁

I am curious and interested in how the second half is going to go both physically and emotionally. Some of the thing I already know:

1st half:
-Stuggle to start out logging consistently
-Big fast happy consistent loses
-clothes get loose and it is a honeymoon
-Facing plateaus

2nd half
- Unsolicited comments (don't get too skinny)
- The last 10 lbs. are incredibly stubborn

For you in the second half already, or in maintenance, what are some of the new different things I have to look forward to in the second half?

Replies

• TubbyTattle
    TubbyTattle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!

I have found that complacency is my biggest enemy in the second half of weight loss. Now that I feel better, more clothes fit, and everyone compliments me, I find myself slacking. I am trying hard to avoid the mentality of, "I lost 30 lb before, I'll just lose it again if I gain it back!" It was a long, painful process to lose that weight, but my brain develops amnesia at times when I see a chocolate bar or a fettuccine alfredo.

When you're halfway to your weight loss goal, I think it's a good idea to get rid of your bigger clothes so you can't default to your old wardrobe/bad habits. When your fitted clothes start feeling tight again, you'll know you need to keep trimming down.

Lets do this!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Thanks, by the end of the day, nothing that is currently loose fitting will be in my house. There is only one direction to go!!!!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far!😊
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Congratulations!!! May I request that you post at 2/3 as well?
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Sure, 67 lbs lost. I have 1.5 lbs/week plugged into MFP. The theory is that will be 11 weeks from now. Roughly November 1st.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your hard work!
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Thank you...it would be great to find a twin....anyone deep into their weightloss and they are just at the 50 lbs. to go to reach goal weight?
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Hi @hixa30 I just hit the 2/3rds mark this last week.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I saw a lot of fitness gains and appearance gains in my second half (150 total). Weight loss slowed considerably, as it should. It could take 50% longer or even twice as long to lose the last 50. By the time I got to maintenance I was losing so slowly there was hardly any change needed at all. As for the comments, yes and they come from the strangest sources ( people who should know better). Just thank them and let the uninformed comments roll off. Don’t try to explain or “educate” them. Keep it going!!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    I’ve lost 100+ lbs. I set my goal at the top of healthy BMI and didn’t find the last 10 lbs to be an issue. Actually when I got to be about 8 lbs below GW, I had to make a point to eat more.

Something else I recall was a sort of identity crisis/issue. If I wasn’t a guy forever trying to lose weight, who was I? It was kind of strange.

One thing I did right was I made goal and basically changed nothing. Like I said, at one point I upped my intake, but I kept tracking. I tracked for several years after making GW before I found I could maintain without it.

But even now, if I go over the red line, I go back to tracking. It has worked every time. Unlike someone else mentioned, I’m not at all sure I could summon the energy to lose much again. Stay mindful of what you’re doing. Good luck.