Protein Balls

Options
Keep picking up and putting down. Worth purchasing? What did you think?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    What the heck is a protein ball? ๐Ÿ˜•
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have found some peanut butter ones I like, I treat them like biscuits and have a couple with my morning tea break.
    Only because they taste good ๐Ÿ˜Š

I guess it depends on what you want them to achieve....
  • LeighAlan1
    LeighAlan1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Eating higher protein, lower carbs. I actually want cake but no/or low carbs. These balls although protein rich still seem to have a fairly high carb level.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    depends. on the person, the balls and their goals. i find they don't tend to be the best protein per calorie in general. but they can be yummy. there is a local lady that makes some sold in stores which I quite like but at what i am guessing is 120 cals per ball it's not something i have often and consider it a treat.
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    What the heck is a protein ball? ๐Ÿ˜•

• LeighAlan1
    LeighAlan1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    cy7a4htsrjca.jpeg

Variants of these.
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    So, they're meant to be snacks, right? I just don't get the concept. Thanks for the photo.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    If you're having trouble meeting calorie or certain macro goals I guess they might fill a niche, but I'd want something more voluminous for the cals.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I get them made fresh locally. The ones I get do have protein, but also a lot of sugar. Very good tasting, but basically a high protein candy bar.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    s8zgdqi2t0zm.png
    3oundc9c7nl6.png
    The first on looks more like mine. The second looks much better sugar to protein ratio.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Eating higher protein, lower carbs. I actually want cake but no/or low carbs. These balls although protein rich still seem to have a fairly high carb level.

Yeahhh.. can't help ya, I'd rather the cake. ๐Ÿ˜

I did used to buy them but as someone mentioned about they were basically a high protein candy bar , I found they just weren't worth the cals.
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I make my own (I teach and they are great pick me ups mid day and I treat it like a dessert). We love these ones (taste like coconut fig newtons)...but still a lot of sugar in them...from the figs and applesauce

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/lemon-coconut-protein-no-bake-bites-recipe/