Help with shopping!

Options
I did keto for so long that I can’t seem to remember what to eat on a “regular” diet. I cannot afford to be doing keto again since I just had a a baby and will be on mat leave for the year, so I’m doing my best to stay to 30% protein, 30% carbs and 40% fat but I’m lost as to what to keep on hand for snacks... I’m used to higher fat stuff. Help!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I shop the produce section, the seafood counter, the frozen bread section for my sprouted grain bread and the dairy aisle.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    For snacks: fruit, a carrot with some hummus, a hard-boiled egg, a protein bar, a protein shake, a small handful of nuts, celery with some peanut butter, some yogurt.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    shop only the perimeter of your food store. start with that.

My local supermarket has all of its fruit, vegetables and dairy in the middle of the store. The perimeter is biscuits (cookies) and chips (crisps) down one aisle and cleaning products down the other! At the back of the store you get meat though so all is good if that is all you want to eat.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options

There's a huge wall of beer on the perimeter of my store. 🙂
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

There's a huge wall of beer on the perimeter of my store. 🙂

Yep, I know what the poster meant, of course...but my nearest supermarket has beer, bakery, cookies/crackers around the perimeter and all the "good stuff" is centrally located.