Overnight oats

Options
Can you use greek yogurt for overnight oats. I was told to add more protein to my oats at i crash. So i thought greek yogurt as i use normal yogurt as it has liquid in it. Also can you just use greek yogurt and no milk or will it just be a think goop.

Thanks

Replies

• eknotb
    eknotb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do Greek yogurt and almond milk in mine, haven't tried it without the milk though.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    The oats draw the moisture out of the yogurt as it sits, that's why they plump up. So greek yogurt with no additional liquid added could def get a little dry or goopy. If you add some frozen fruit, the juices they give off as they thaw might help, otherwise I would add a splash of milk or milk substitute.

Or you can just try it one day and see, maybe you'll like it on the thicker side.
  • anniecave1
    anniecave1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Instead of adding milk, if you wanted, you could add water if the greek yogurt on its own is too thick.
  • schwest76
    schwest76 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I’ve done overnight oats using Greek yogurt and milk. They turned out fine.
  • gottswald
    gottswald Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I do it every day with whole milk, Greek or Icelandic yogurt, and whey protein plus some other stuff.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,940 Member
    Options
    Sure, overnight oats with Greek yogurt is thick. As I'm eating it with a spoon, I don't find that to be a problem.