Options
chulipa
chulipa Posts: 650 Member
Does drinking there protein shakes help you or are they a waste of money

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    You can drink protein shakes of any kind if you like the taste and want to meet your protein goal that way. They don’t do anything other than provide protein and hopefully enjoyment.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about that brand 9f protein shake, but it's best to think of protein shakes as a food. It provides protein and potentially other macro and micro nutrients. If you are getting that from the food you eat, then there is no need to have a protein shake besides for enjoyment. But if you don't get enough protein, or find them convienent vs preparing other food, they can have value.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    It is sold through a MLM, therefore it is a waste of money.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    chulipa wrote: »
    Does drinking there protein shakes help you or are they a waste of money

They only have 13g of protein for 140 cals or so, that's a pretty low ratio. What you're really paying for is the "nutrition" you are supposedly getting. I'd bet for a lot less money, you could get a protein powder with twice as much protein per 140 cals, plus some gummy multivitamins.

If you are falling short of your protein goal and don't want to eat more protein rich foods, a protein shake can help you reach your protein goal. But weight loss comes down to calories. So if you are asking if this (or any) protein shake will help you lose weight, then no it won't. It's just a way to get a big hit of protein in a (hopefully) small amount of calories.

If you like the idea of a shake and are looking for ways to get more nutritious food in your diet painlessly, a less expensive protein powder thrown into a blender with some water, oats, and big heaps of leafy greens would be a possible place to start, and again much cheaper than an MLM powder. And you can freeze leafy greens while they are in season and cheap and then use them through the year too!
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I met a lady and shes trying to get me to buy them from her I tryed a sample but dont really like the taste. It costs so much thats why I wondered if it was any better then other protein shakes
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    chulipa wrote: »
    Thanks everyone I met a lady and shes trying to get me to buy them from her I tryed a sample but dont really like the taste. It costs so much thats why I wondered if it was any better then other protein shakes

That lady wants to make money out of you - which is why you end up with a poor quality product at an inflated price.