what are your goals from now till the holidays?

Options
a lot of people like to lose weight for the holidays. i have 2 goals for the holiday season this year.

I want to lose 20 pounds, as that's just over a pound a week, and i want to strengthen my legs, as several years at my desk and a couple long illnesses melted my leg muscles away. with that in mind, here's my weight goal for mid-december:

original weight: 242
current weight: 179
holiday goal weight: 159

if i can get to 165, i'll be a happy camper;159 seems achievable, though, at my current rate.

what are your goals through the holidays?

Replies

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I've not thought about this at all. I guess my weight loss, body recomp and fitness are just things that I focus on daily regardless of what the day is or which holiday is coming up.

If I had to choose I would say that my goals would be to finally start participating in some 5ks and 10ks and also to add swimming to my exercise routine before the end of the year.

Also it would be nice to enjoy the holidays at maintenance as opposed to being in a deficit like I have been for the past many years. 🙂
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I've got my first half marathon scheduled for just before Thanksgiving, so pretty much that. I want to finish getting my distance up from 10k, as well as to keep dropping weight slowly and getting my BP down a little more.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I plan on continuing to take my journey one day at a time with my goal of losing 5 pounds at a time.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna keep trucking along. I guess my goal would be to keep this as simple and easy as possible so I can meet my other goals unrelated to weight loss (such as working on my house).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Holidays? Like Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas? I haven't thought that far ahead. I just do my thing for today.

I guess I am preparing for USAPL Nationals in October and my goal between now and then is to make weight, and lift big numbers.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Having events, trips and holidays as benchmarks and inspiration really have helped me to achieve my goals. My goal for the holidays is to be no longer losing weight, just maintaining, and a few pounds under my original goal weight. My maintenance regains have been over five pounds this first year.. time to tweak things and get off the yo yo.
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 15-20lbs by mid December as well! I have a couple occasions I want to dress up for.... big motivator is my husbands work Christmas party. I bought a dress for the party already :) I feel pretty good in it now, but want to feel amazing in it by Christmas! CW: 164 lb GW: 145lb- 150lb.
    8sfh03d50etl.jpg

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 15-20lbs by mid December as well! I have a couple occasions I want to dress up for.... big motivator is my husbands work Christmas party. I bought a dress for the party already :) I feel pretty good in it now, but want to feel amazing in it by Christmas! CW: 164 lb GW: 145lb- 150lb.
    8sfh03d50etl.jpg

Great dress!
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    Options
    8sfh03d50etl.jpg

Great dress!

Thank you :)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,058 Member
    Options
    If I can lose twenty pounds by New Year, I will be ready to build muscle. I would like to have a treadmill and weightlifting habit by then. And be free of these injury aches!
    CW is 164
    GW is 140 and muscular build
  • gemma7139
    gemma7139 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goals for New Year are to weigh under 140lbs and be able to run 10km and swim 10 lengths. All should be achievable with some effort!
  • fgerbus
    fgerbus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal is to eat a good lunch, and track it. Then, it will be a good supper, etc. One solid meal at a time. What the scale reads isn't a huge deal to me. The direction of the trend is.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal every month, 5lbs down, and 4 workouts per week. Just working on consistency
  • todds404
    todds404 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I’m hoping to finally switch to gaining muscle by the holidays. I’ve been focused on dropping body fat for months and while I’ve been making consistent progress, it feels like I’ll be in this phase forever ☹️
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 15-20 pounds by the new year. CW 160lbs. GW 140 lbs. If I can lose 15 lbs by then I’ll be happy with that. I’m taking it one meal at a time and working out 4X/week. I feel quite optimistic that I can do this!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    My 55th Birthday is DEC 1st and I would like to be under 200 lbs by then.

SW in April: 280
    CW: 216
    UGW: 180