Starting Over....again

Options
SJC2019
SJC2019 Posts: 6 Member
I know there are alot of posts like this but think I need to write it down and put it out there for give myself a bit of accountability.

I'm starting again. I struggle with consistently logging food and keeping within my calorie limit mainly cause I want to eat alot of unhealthy foods rather than being hungry!

I have MFP connected to my Fitbit to work out exercise calories on top of my allotted calories which really helps on days where I exercise more. I tend to have 2-3 days at Crossfit a week and on these days I am definitely more hungry so the extra calories help.
I have a desk job so rarely hit more an 4,000 steps a day on non crossfit days. Tempted to start the couch to 5K as well but not sure I fancy running!

So here is my line ____________________________for now is a new chapter.

Goals for this week:
1) Drink my recommended water intake a day - I never do this !
2) Log everything I eat or drink even if I fall off the wagon.

Let's see how I do for a week - anyone want to join me on trying to hit these goals this week?

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    One of your goals this week should be to stop looking at food as "healthy" or "unhealthy". Almost all food has nutrients you need so nothing is off limits. There will be things you need to moderate though.

Lose the wagon. Accept that you will not be perfect and keep going regardless of anything that happens. It is so much easier to maintain a sustainable path if you are imperfect. Striving for perfection tends to end in an "all or nothing" attitude which is when the wagon shows up. You don't have to lose weight everyday you just need to lose weight most days.

Try making your goal to be happy and see if you can lose a little weight this week doing it. Be kind to yourself. Eat some treats if they fit in your day. Try to be as normal as possible and make small changes over time.

Also there is no recommended amount of water. You can judge your level of hydration by your urine color. If it is mostly clear in the late morning you are fine. If it is darker you need to drink more.
  • AlmaSue1
    AlmaSue1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Everyday is about starting over for me! Thanks for being an inspiration!
  • SJC2019
    SJC2019 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    One of your goals this week should be to stop looking at food as "healthy" or "unhealthy". Almost all food has nutrients you need so nothing is off limits. There will be things you need to moderate though.

Lose the wagon. Accept that you will not be perfect and keep going regardless of anything that happens. It is so much easier to maintain a sustainable path if you are imperfect. Striving for perfection tends to end in an "all or nothing" attitude which is when the wagon shows up. You don't have to lose weight everyday you just need to lose weight most days.

Try making your goal to be happy and see if you can lose a little weight this week doing it. Be kind to yourself. Eat some treats if they fit in your day. Try to be as normal as possible and make small changes over time.

Also there is no recommended amount of water. You can judge your level of hydration by your urine color. If it is mostly clear in the late morning you are fine. If it is darker you need to drink more.

This is not helpful and has made me feel even worse about my attitude to losing weight. Rarely do I post and this is the reason why.

I never said unhealthy foods were off limits - just that I eat too many of them. You don't know what my 'unhealthy' definition is. I think labeling food into healthy or unhealthy groups is not different to labeling them as 'optimal' or 'non optimal' or however anyone wants to label them for choosing the best options.

Picking at someone's goals isn't a way to encourage then to achieve them.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    SJC2019 wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »

This is not helpful and has made me feel even worse about my attitude to losing weight. Rarely do I post and this is the reason why.

I never said unhealthy foods were off limits - just that I eat too many of them. You don't know what my 'unhealthy' definition is. I think labeling food into healthy or unhealthy groups is not different to labeling them as 'optimal' or 'non optimal' or however anyone wants to label them for choosing the best options.

Picking at someone's goals isn't a way to encourage then to achieve them.

I am not picking at you. I was trying to provide a different perspective. I am glad you are not demonizing certain food but many people come through here get hung up on it and it hurts more than it helps.

If you think you have got this I am sorry to intrude. I see "starting over" and I wonder if there is something I can say to prevent someone from ever stopping again.
  • summeroflove99
    summeroflove99 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I think it’s a really good idea to have realistic weekly goals to stick to. Breaking things down into achievable steps like you’re doing is really important as it’s motivating (works for me anyway). Good luck 👍🏼