Slim Fast along with My fitness pal

Basically how it says above. Would it be viable to use slim fast with my fitness Pal?

Replies

• KeelyM423
    KeelyM423 Posts: 20 Member
    I have never used slim fast. Just watching adverts and was wondering if it was possible ?
  • cakey_kirsty
    cakey_kirsty Posts: 24 Member
    edited August 2019
    I track Slimfast products all the time with mfp.
    Usually grab one of the meal replacement bars when I'm running late for brekki.
  • KeelyM423
    As long as you log it you can eat anything.

Thankyou
  • KeelyM423
    NovusDies wrote: »
    KeelyM423 wrote: »
    Basically how it says above. Would it be viable to use slim fast with my fitness Pal?

It has calories that can be recorded so there is no reason it wouldn't work. Whether or not that is a sustainable path for you is really something you will have to figure out.

Thankyou
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Have you tasted it? Have you looked at the calories and figured out what you could have instead for the same calories? Try to buy one, not a 6-pack. I’ve never tried the bars.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    I love the taste too,much better than any protein powder I've tried throughout the years and I love the way it blends so smoothly,if you want to use slim fast use it but log it same as any other food/drink
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Sure, you can use SlimFast or any other consumable product with MFP. In fact, I think it's better to use it with MFP rather than on your own so you can make sure you don't undereat and can see how it affects all your numbers.
  • trbp72
    trbp72 Posts: 33 Member
    It's OK...but I would perhaps look around for cheaper alternatives (depending on how you are wanting to utilize the product in your lifestyle change)...I mean if it's meal replacements, then there are other powders available for example MyProtein do a "Meal Replacement" powder that comes in 500g, 1Kg or 2.5Kg packs...

https://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/protein-meal-replacement-blend/11324199.html

But then Tesco do their own range also:

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/search?query=tesco slim&brand=Tesco,Tesco Slim Cook&viewAll=brand

I cannot speak for either...but using them alongside MFP's calculators and exercise may garner results?!

I have used Slim Fast in the past as a Meal Replacement (used to have a shake for breakfast...or dinner) depending on the situation...but like people have said...they're not a 'magic slimming device'...they are more an aid to controlling your calorie intake and as such the other stuff is workable too...

• FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    Slim Fast does not do anything special for weight loss. Weight loss is 100% about consistently being in a calorie deficit, and it does not matter what specific foods you eat. Some people enjoy meeting their calorie goals with Slim Fast; most people (including me) do not enjoy the taste of it and would not want to eat it.

Since Slim Fast is just a food, it doesn't make sense to ask whether it "works" with MFP. You would log it just like you log any other food.

Eat what you want within your calorie goal. If you want Slim Fast, then drink it, but be aware that it doesn't have any special weight loss properties. There's no reason to drink it unless you like the taste.

My mom is obsessed with slimfast crap, if you look at what's really in it, it's chocolate milk with extra sugar, some oil mixed in, and processed added fiber :P It's crazy
  • SPARKLES0883
    SPARKLES0883 Posts: 20 Member
    I’m using slim fast with flaxseed powder 1tbsp and a banana plus almond milk as breakfast with one hard boiled egg😘

On my days off I’ll skip the slim fast and make a nice steak and potatoes or some other more hefty meal as I generally have a later breakfast which is practically lunch time anyways.

Lunch is a salad of choice (meal preps twice a week for just this meal planning portion of my plan)

Dinner is a fruit salad and another egg.
  • SPARKLES0883
    Slimfast itself contains the full array of vits and mins. However. If you stick to 3 a day you’ll absolutely feel like you’re starving. It’s not filling. If you are going to use it as is. At least have some egg whites. Your stomach works less hard when it’s a liquid. So you’ll feel hungry sooner than if it had some solids to work on digesting.
  • cakey_kirsty
    cakey_kirsty Posts: 24 Member
    Just to clarify...Slimfast isn't just shakes.
    A lot of misinformed people on here.
    They do meal replacement bars, cheddar bites, porridge, pretzels, mini snack bars..
  • whitpauly
    apullum wrote: »
    Slim Fast does not do anything special for weight loss. Weight loss is 100% about consistently being in a calorie deficit, and it does not matter what specific foods you eat. Some people enjoy meeting their calorie goals with Slim Fast; most people (including me) do not enjoy the taste of it and would not want to eat it.

Since Slim Fast is just a food, it doesn't make sense to ask whether it "works" with MFP. You would log it just like you log any other food.

Eat what you want within your calorie goal. If you want Slim Fast, then drink it, but be aware that it doesn't have any special weight loss properties. There's no reason to drink it unless you like the taste.

My mom is obsessed with slimfast crap, if you look at what's really in it, it's chocolate milk with extra sugar, some oil mixed in, and processed added fiber :P It's crazy

That's why I like it😜
  • whitpauly
    Slimfast itself contains the full array of vits and mins. However. If you stick to 3 a day you’ll absolutely feel like you’re starving. It’s not filling. If you are going to use it as is. At least have some egg whites. Your stomach works less hard when it’s a liquid. So you’ll feel hungry sooner than if it had some solids to work on digesting.

This was true for me, slimfast alone only has 110 calories so I do a breakfast of 1 egg(70) cals,light bread(45) cals,some ham(70)cals then add a slimfast with some almond milk blended with coffee and ice makes a nice breakfast ❤️
  • SPARKLES0883
    whitpauly wrote: »

This was true for me, slimfast alone only has 110 calories so I do a breakfast of 1 egg(70) cals,light bread(45) cals,some ham(70)cals then add a slimfast with some almond milk blended with coffee and ice makes a nice breakfast ❤️

Oh I should try adding my chocolate Slimfast to my coffee instead of the occasional scoop of hot choclate mix🤩great idea