No Weight Loss

Options
Help! I have been working out 4- 6 times a week. i started walking and have worked myself up to a 2 mile, 30 minute jog. I have also been doing Insanity. Instead of trying to cut out things like carbs, sugar, etc. I am trying to watch my portions. I want to do something I can stick with easily. My problem ---- I have lost only 2 pounds! I've only weighed my self once in the last two months and when I did, the 2 pounds was a big disappointment. I know it's not about the pounds, but I haven't really noticed a big change in how my clothes fit either. I've had my thyroid checked, diabetes has been ruled out. I am getting a bit frustrated, any suggestions??????????????:huh:

Replies

• junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    You say you are trying to watch your portions (this is great!)--but have you been tracking your daily calories (i.e. every single bite you put in your mouth)? It's possible that this might reveal something that is affecting your weight loss--either too many or too few net calories, too much sodium, etc.
  • S_H84
    S_H84 Posts: 75
    Options
    So, how long have you started insanity? When I started P90X my weight actually went up at the beginning (gaining muscle) and it took about 1-2 months before I lost anything.
    Also, have you checked your inches? Just keep doing your workout :) Though I haven't done insanity, only P90X and now TurboFire, I know it takes a while until your body gets going.... but when it does you will be very happy with it :)

Now, in regards to your diet. Didn't insanity come with a meal plan? I know P90X cut out all potatoes, pasta, bread etc out of my diet. It was replaced with veggie, chicken, fish, rice and salad.
    I used to think similar to you: I can eat whatever I want, just watching my portions. However, I still put crappy food into my body, even though I ate smaller portions. I stuck to P90X meal plan and though after 4 weeks you can slowly incorporate bread, pasta etc again, I actually did not (except one day per week). I simply did not miss it.
    If you want to loose weight, you need to keep exercising and you need to put good food into your tummy. Pick one day a week where you can cook your favorite meal. For me that is usually something pasta related.

Good luck.

P.S. maybe you can elaborate on what exactly you eat. Maybe we can give some suggestions :)
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Agreed with Junebug, I didn't see real progress until I started tracking my calories. I lost about 2 lbs total my first 90 days on P90X.

Also, Insanity and P90X are meant to be followed as a system, doing the program 6 days a week. Could you try the Insanity for what the program says to do?

We just had this discussion as well to make sure you are drinking your water. That will affect your weight loss as well.

And lastly, sometimes the scale does not reflect how our body is changing as quickly as we would like it too. Take pride in the non-scale victories like losing an inch off your waist, having your jeans fit looser, or seeing new muscle where you didn't have it before.
  • fitmomto2
    fitmomto2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help! I was tracking and have started back tracking my food on here. I can never seem to make the calorie, carbs, etc. amounts, always under. I know I don't eat the healthiest foods, but I've cut out a lot of the unhealthy ones too, junk food, fried. I haven't done the food plan with Insanity which will would really help I'm sure. Will work on it! I have lost some inches, 15 in all of the measured areas.