Eating out mare

Options
Pub lunch today was thinking of having just steak with steamed veg anyone got any ideas? Stealk alone is usually relatively containable isn’t it? I can’t trust sauces etc

Replies

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Many places will cook steak in butter (sometimes basting it over the top as well), so be sure to account for that by adding a tablespoon or two of butter into your diary.

You can definitely order stuff with sauces, just be sure to either estimate the amount you consumed in your diary, or try to find a similar meal from a chain restaurant in the MFP database. You can also ask for the sauce on the side so you can better view how much you're eating. (I always do this with the hollandaise when I order eggs benedict).
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    Eating out doesn't have to be evil, just remember some key terms: grilled not fried, steamed not sautéed. Avoid (or at least minimize) the cheese and bread, and usually you can get a very healthful meal from almost any place, including fast-food places like McDonald's, etc.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Eat it. Enjoy it. Log it. ❤
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about restaurant nightmares. I have a disappoint.

I thought it was going to be horse steak.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!