First post, starting Keto on Monday!

Hi! I’m starting Keto on Monday, and I can’t wait to get started! This app was highly recommended, and I look forward to getting to know folks on the same journey!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Keto requires a lot of research, in my opinion. There are many keto members and threads here. Do a search and you'll find them. Good luck!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    The Keto group and the Low Carber Daily Forum group on here are great.

I highly recommend them as places for support, tips, advice, and recipes.

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited August 2019
    Keto did take research and prep for my family. We took a few days (after payday) to stock up on keto staples... Half and half, heavy cream, eggs, proteins, Stevia, unsweetened cocoa powder, unsweetened peanut butter, real butter, olive oil, avocados, magnesium supplements.

It does take prep. And we couldn't afford to throw out our groceries we had bought at our previous shopping trip... So we did take a couple of days to eat some of the foods instead of throwing it all out (cereals, gallon of milk, bag of rice, etc). Was not because we weren't ready or would miss foods, because we couldn't waste that kind of money.

Still ended up throwing out a little about a month in, and not because the foods were too tempting, but realized they were not going to get eaten, were going to go bad, and to make room for keto foods in the fridge and freezer.

• admin765
    admin765 Posts: 18 Member
    I was going to start the 9 day egg diet on Monday. But I chickened out. :/