Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Meal Plan

oliviad1908oliviad1908 Posts: 7Member Member Posts: 7Member Member
in Recipes
I need a meal plan to help lose weight but I crave sugar.

Replies

• deannalfisherdeannalfisher Posts: 5,054Member, Premium Member Posts: 5,054Member, Premium Member
    do you have any medical reason to avoid sugar?

if not, set your goals in MFP and eat what you want as long as it fits your calories
  • LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Posts: 3,361Member, Premium Member Posts: 3,361Member, Premium Member
    That's easy. You eat the foods you love. Include some sweets if you must, so you don't feel deprived. Stay in a calorie deficit and lose weight.

I was a gumdrop addict, ate them every night. On day one of mfp, I threw them out. Within two weeks of eating a pescatarian diet, my sugar cravings were gone. I haven't eaten a gumdrop since.

Good luck.
  • HereToLose50HereToLose50 Posts: 154Member Member Posts: 154Member Member
    To reduce sugar I had to stop bringing sweets into the house. I'm not one who can eat one square and leave the rest alone.

There was still the occasional dash to buy candy but now it's pretty rare. It took some time. If you HAVE to have something, buy 1 small package. Take tiny bites and make yourself chew a lot. Savor it. Also, don't grab for it when you are hungry. Eat something else first and get full.

I'm not a "Sugar is evil" person. I was eating a ridiculous amount of candy almost daily and that needed to be reduced. I never enjoyed sweet drinks. I still eat plenty of carbs and get most sugars from fruit now.
  • HaydosCousinsHaydosCousins Posts: 2Member, Premium Member Posts: 2Member, Premium Member
    Sugar free chewing gum
    Get your sugars naturally from fruits
    Stay away from refined sugar