Getting back into it...?

Howdy all! Getting back into the grind of fitness and taking care of myself nutrition wise.
And boyyyy do I ever feel hungry and the cravings are bad... day 2 of eating cleaner.

What helps everyone get through the first little stretch.

Coffee? Favourite healthy snacks? Etc?
Any tips that can help a gal out would be great.
TIA

Replies

• SarahMorris12
    SarahMorris12 Posts: 12 Member
    I use lots of water to fill up and I just keep busy! So my mind doesn’t focus on it lol. But definitely try to incorporate a few healthy snacks to curb the appetite as much as possible.
  • kennyb395
    kennyb395 Posts: 6 Member
    Keep your protien up and drink heaps of water
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I threw out my gumdrops on day one. They were my addiction.

After two weeks of eating pescatarian, my cravings were gone. They've stayed gone. My body seems to be satisfied with the variety of foods I'm eating.

Good luck with your journey!
  • Zhenmentality
    Zhenmentality Posts: 11 Member
    I'm trying to eat cleaner, too! Anyone want to be accountability buddies and check in with each other? Higher protein helps curb snack cravings. Aim for at least 25% daily intake 30+% if you are weightlifting. When I am craving something sweet like🍦I make a chia seed pudding (soak chia w/ almond milk& berries for 30min). Extra protein, good Omega fats& fiber :) Can also top with yogurt.
  • yasminekassis613
    yasminekassis613 Posts: 268 Member
    zeejay19 wrote: »
    I'm trying to eat cleaner, too! Anyone want to be accountability buddies and check in with each other? Higher protein helps curb snack cravings. Aim for at least 25% daily intake 30+% if you are weightlifting. When I am craving something sweet like🍦I make a chia seed pudding (soak chia w/ almond milk& berries for 30min). Extra protein, good Omega fats& fiber :) Can also top with yogurt.

This is great! Thanks!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,552 Member
    The cravings will get better! I focus on protein and veg for each meal. If I'm really hungry I'll try extra coffee (I already drink a lot of water) and after that, an apple. I usually have yogurt with berries midday and that helps with munching.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    You shouldn't be hungry. I think we buy into that theory. You just have to change what you eat to be a lot of vegetables and lean lower caloire portions like white chicken breast, white turkey breast, seafood and lean beef like sirloin.

You can honestly fill up on those foods and even add a portion or two of complex carbs.

It is just when you count calories and eat high calorie foods and or processed foods and it leaves you with no calories to spend.
  • J_Fabulous
    J_Fabulous Posts: 63 Member
    The cravings will go away in about 4 to 5 days. Drink lots of water and eat high protein foods.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I ate more salad and had more crunchy vegetables and fruits as snacks.
  • yasminekassis613
    edited August 2019
    💕💕
  • yasminekassis613
    edited August 2019

Thanks!!
    I ate more salad and had more crunchy vegetables and fruits as snacks.
    J_Fabulous wrote: »
    The cravings will go away in about 4 to 5 days. Drink lots of water and eat high protein foods.
    You shouldn't be hungry. I think we buy into that theory. You just have to change what you eat to be a lot of vegetables and lean lower caloire portions like white chicken breast, white turkey breast, seafood and lean beef like sirloin.

You can honestly fill up on those foods and even add a portion or two of complex carbs.

It is just when you count calories and eat high calorie foods and or processed foods and it leaves you with no calories to spend.
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    The cravings will get better! I focus on protein and veg for each meal. If I'm really hungry I'll try extra coffee (I already drink a lot of water) and after that, an apple. I usually have yogurt with berries midday and that helps with munching.

You guys are amazing, thanks for all the great tips!
  • Sharod_BeastFit
    Sharod_BeastFit Posts: 61 Member
    Whatever your goal is...take on the Journey like you want to own it! Nevermind what someone else may think what you can do or how you should do it! Do it as you please because at the end of the day you believe in yourself first! This is your path your route to goal achievement success. Crush it. Chase it. Stick with it! You have no limits. Be MOTIVATED for the fitness changes you desire! Embrace the SUPPORT and ENCOURAGEMENT to keep you going no matter what the scale says. No matter how you look in the mirror. No matter of your fitness level. Let's do this together! One day at a time! You got this! 💪
  • 1fitwong
    1fitwong Posts: 34 Member
    If I’m still hungry I’ll eat something healthy that light and that I really enjoy....cup of strawberries with hot tea, a salad with blueberries and avocado, peaches, or cucumbers and carrots. That way I can still stay true to my long term goal which is eating healthier.