Which macros to follow.

Options
Bodybuilding.com and Katy Hearn’s macros calculates two very different macros for me and I don’t know which one to follow.

I’m trying to lose some weight and gain muscles.

Bodybuilding.com macros for me are:
Carbs: 162g
Protein: 162g
Fats; 36g

Katy Hearn’s:
Carbs: 114g
Protein: 127g
Fats: 52g

I have no idea which to follow and they seem to be a big difference in one another to me.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Macros are personal preference, they can affect satiety and some health and fitness goals.

Your calories will determine whether you lose weight or not.

General recommendation is to get 0.6-1g of protein per lb of goal body weight, and 0.3g of fat per. Nothing wrong with more than that, if it's how you like to eat. Many people find one or two macros more filling, which accurate logging over time will help you suss out if you don't already know.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    There's a 200kcal difference between both, which is quite substantial.
    Some more information would be quite helpful here: what are your stats (weight, size, gender, age) and what would be your weight goal?

Like Kimny wrote: what keeps you full is very individual. You could just start with chosing a sensible weightloss goal here (not more than 1% weightloss per week), and use the standard settings for a while. Then if you find you don't feel full with what you eat you can experiment more.