Not loosing...why?

Options
Hello MFP peeps,

I am getting frustrated in that I am staying within my calorie count, but am not loosing. My weight is "roller coastering"...up, down, up. I am doing weights as well because I want to loose and tone. I have heard of the "muscle weighs more than fat" theory but I don't think that could be happening in my case, or can it? Any insight would help. And thanks in advance.

CRIS

Replies

• HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say without info on your diet.

How many calories are you consuming? what is your target?

For that matter, how often are you weighing yourself?
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary so I can't comment on food choices or calorie levels. According to your ticker you only have about 20lbs you want to lose so it's best to have your weekly goal set at no more than 1lb (preferably 0.5lb especially when you get down to 10-15lbs to go). Too high of a deficit won't help you.

Weight naturally goes up and down. You will not lose each and every week regardless of what you do.

For weights, unless you are eating at a surplus and lifting heavy weights you are not building muscle. Keep lifting heavy weights to try and retain muscle mass while you lose fat. You can't tone muscles... you either maintain, lose them or gain muscle mass. If you are lifting you may be holding onto water for muscle repair which can explain some of the weight changes.