Calling awesome 40-something women!

Hey there, awesome women in your forties! do any of you have a photo to share of you doing something awesome and showing off your crazy in shape bodies? Bonus points if you are 5 ft 6 in tall and about 25% body fat give or take, that's my goal. I am 42 and reached my peak of fitness last summer, but have since fallen off the wagon. I am feeling discouraged because I know the older you get the harder it gets. I fear not being able to get back at it, but I know that's just fear. Help me! I need some motivation! If you don't have a photo, a story of you doing something awesome or overcoming a fitness obstacle post 40 would be just as motivating. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for your help!

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    JeBeBu wrote: »
    46ajcvl44pu9.jpg
    Does biking count?? Lol! I am 5'7 and 47 years old

Great pic but how did you climb up there?! :o
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    I love these!!!

@JeBeBu And, yes, biking is perfect since I'm a cycist too....but I clearly need an upgrade, lol!

@RunsWithBees Great transformation and great bikini body!!!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    @middlehaitch Just want to take the opportunity to say I think you're one of the most inspiring women here :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Thanks @pinuplove. You would die laughing at me today....

Past lunchtime, still in my dressing gown, slightly jaded after a celebration last night (friends birthday), right eye almost swollen shut with a mosquito bite, trying to pluck up courage to get ready for a friends wedding renewal (outdoors in the pouring rain) this evening.

I’m looking and feeling every one of my 66 years. Ha ha ha, living and loving life.

Cheers, h.
    (Bellini and egg sandwich for lunch, hee hee)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    Thanks @pinuplove. You would die laughing at me today....

Past lunchtime, still in my dressing gown, slightly jaded after a celebration last night (friends birthday), right eye almost swollen shut with a mosquito bite, trying to pluck up courage to get ready for a friends wedding renewal (outdoors in the pouring rain) this evening.

I’m looking and feeling every one of my 66 years. Ha ha ha, living and loving life.

Cheers, h.
    (Bellini and egg sandwich for lunch, hee hee)
    Ha! I can appreciate keeping it real, too :lol:
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    I'm also 42. I don't have a pic to show right now, other than my profile. I used to do gymnastics and dance, but began lifting and running a few years ago. I also really like doing workout videos! My main obstacle is keeping up my weight training through set backs and gym closures.