First Two Weeks

Options
Hi folks, just wondering how much you lost in your first two weeks? I need a bit of a boost, I think. TOM and feeling huge, worried there'll be no difference when I next weigh in. Stats are 5'7 and 176 pounds down (Day 5) from 178 ten days ago. It's been a massive deal for me to keep to my calories for even this long, but without big boosts on the scales, I'm worried my impetus might run out...

Replies

• huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Did you do body measurements?

The scale may not move, but depending on bloating or certain workouts, the tape measurements would tell a more accurate story.

Depending on which program I'm on, I may lose 0# to 8# in the first 2 weeks.

Your experience will be unique.

Stick with it!
  • LeiLaura
    LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support! I didn't do measurements, got a bit of a blind spot there...
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I am a serial weigher and sometimes my head gets way too wrapped up in it. Just know that weight depends on so much more than food intake and exercise. For us women it can be time of the month, how much water consumed, even muscles retaining fluid from a heavy workout. So just go in with that in mind and know every week is different! I try to remember how much better I feel on the weeks the scale doesn't reflect what I think it should
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Even if every member here shared their experience, it would have zero effect on your results. 😉
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Hey, you got started! Don't even think about judging your weight success based on TOM. Track for 4-6 weeks then make adjustments as needed. Learn exactly how your weight responds to various points in your cycle (TOM, ovulation) so you know what to expect and when. You need 2-3 cycles to figure it out.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I usually gain 1-2lb at ovulation and the days before my period starts. Once it starts, my weight drops a little. The first 2 weeks of losing, I was around 2lb/wk, but ovulation or PMS could mask it. Give it a couple days and see what happens.
  • arsc02
    arsc02 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out. I'm on day 4. While I have taken a start weight and will be weighing in weekly I'm not going to fixate on the number, i already feel better within myself for making changes to the food and more exercise and know in time I will see the difference in the mirror and in my clothes.... you can tell I've just started I'm full of optimism lol

Good luck all
  • LeiLaura
    LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I succumbed in the end and weighed myself. I've lost another 2 pounds in five days! I appreciate all your support and common sense, I'm going to re-read it ahead of next week's weigh-in :)
  • J_Fabulous
    J_Fabulous Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning. I only take notice once a week because I realize that daily weight can fluctuate but I get on the scale every morning as a reminder to me what my ultimate goal is and as a daily recommitment to myself.