Replies

• reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Avacado, Lettuce, Tomato Sandwich.
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I've heard you can replace the fat in cookies or brownies with it (still fat but the healthier kind obviously :-))

Guacamole or slicing it up on a chicken or turkey sandwich is great. Putting it in a smoothie is good too!

That is mainly to make it more vegan friendly. Yes you can sub out dairy and eggs in some baked goods using avocados.

I like mine sliced and in my omelette, in my salads, on my burgers, or sandwiches. I saw a recipe a while back that basically you cut in half, toss the pit, bake, and top like a baked potato. I also like what others have said, sprinkling with salt, garlic, and olive oil. I also add Sriracha sauce though to mine and pretty much everything else I eat.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    plain
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Lately, as garnish on my homemade taco salads.
    Or my rice/black beans/salsa dish.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    our of the shell with salt and pepper. favorite way.

or smashed onto a bacon tomato sandwich on sourdough.

or sliced onto a salad.

or simple guac with tomato cilantro onions and chile.
  • CharleneG_Barnes
    CharleneG_Barnes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    this morning I had mine---dig out the pit, then make the pit a little bigger and enjoy that first bite.....then drip some hot sauce into the cavity followed by an egg, and topped with a bit of cheese and bake till cooked to the firmness you like--_YUMMY
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Multiple ways!

1. slice it in half, put a little salk on top and eat the half with a spoon. Delish.
    2. one piece of toast, a little butter and some avacado to top it off
    3. in a chicken/mixed greens/avacado wrap
    4. mashed up with some lemon and salt, then dip some healthy crackers

Im pretty simple when it comes to foods, my fave is just eating it straight up.

edit for spelling...

Hey pretty girl...
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas

I eat mine with a bit of salt and a couple tablespoons of hot Zapata's Salsa Roja and then scoop it with pita chips.
  • Longisland2NC
    Longisland2NC Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I usually cut it up in chunks and eat it with my bunless burger....on top of my omelette or with some chicken, salmon, etc. I also add it to tuna fish.

its sooo yummy and really good for you!!!! Enjoy!
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    1. Sliced and on sandwiches. Favourite sandwich: toasted Dave's Killer bread, light stoneground mustard, warmed bourbon chicken breast deli slices, smoked gouda slices, and avocado. Or, if I'm not worrying about calories - pita bread with crispy slices of bacon, tillamook extra sharp cheddar, and avocado slices.

2. Just plain. Whatever doesn't fit on the sandwich just gets shoved in my mouth :)

3. Mashed with spices (red pepper, chili powder, dash of cholula, garlic powder, onion salt) and spread on chips or just eaten by itself

4. In a salad. I love tons of avocado in my salads.

Damn it, now I'm hungry for avocados!
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My favorite is halved, with garlic salt sprinkled over it and then some fresh lime juice.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    cut in half on my turkey san. also w/some carne asada, some eggs & veggies, guacamole, etc. etc.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *sobbing* I'm not supposed to eat the avocado :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Any way I can.

On a salad, with rice, made into guacamole, on a sandwich, mixed in a smoothie... I could go on forever I love avo... xD
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    How do you eat yours? And please don't say you're putting peanut butter on it.

sliced on a sandwich (instead of mayo or mustard)
    sliced in a salad
    sliced as a side (all by itself)
    sliced on good bread (and a little corse salt and pepper on top)
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    i love mine with either salad /sandwiches/ salted.
  • taterbug29
    Options
    Never been a fan but starting to like it now. Thanks, I will be trying some of these!
  • emc916
    emc916 Posts: 77
    Options
    In eggs with feta cheese.

On chicken and bacon!
  • andezz99
    andezz99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ok, this may sound weird but I hard boil eggs, remove the yoke, mix it with avacado and spoon the yoke/avacodo mixture back into the egg. A healty version of deviled eggs. Don't for get the paprika on top.
  • Jayne2629
    Options
    Sliced with lemon and sea salt! And of course guac :)