Am I lean enough to bulk?

capc30
capc30 Posts: 32 Member
I know they say to get to 10% then bulk to 15% then repeat . How close am I to 10 % or should I just start a lean bulk now or finish till cutting I have my full six pack. And start lean bulk September. Been working out seriously for 8 months but had to cut from 190 . 5’11 172.48ws0nn326z8i.jpeg

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Yes, it looks like you are probably sub 15% or very close. The idea of men getting to sub 15% relates to calorie partioning for optimizing muscle growth vs. fat gain.
  • capc30
    when you say sub 15% you mean I'm at 15% or below it? sorry I'm a newbie
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Yes.
  • lukejoycePT
    lukejoycePT Posts: 182 Member
    Keep going dude. You’re so close. Hit your goal before you crack on with the bulk. You’ll find it so much easier to see your progress and you’re get a better sense of achievement.

When you do bulk don’t go crazy with the calories, ease into it and keep track. Remember Rome wasn’t built in a day and the more fat you put on the more muscle you are likely to be sacrificing when trying to lose the fat.
  • capc30
    thanks man ill do that!! how many calories to bulk when I do? 250?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yep.

Add about 10% of your current average TDEE. Aim for nearly one gram of protein per pound of body weight.

Run a template with sufficient volume and stimulus for your current adaptation.
  • capc30
    how many more lbs you guys think I need to lose?
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Yes.
  • lukejoycePT
    lukejoycePT Posts: 182 Member
    Hahah those who woo’d me have never had abs 😂