Calorie Adjustment in Australia

Options
Hello, the last two times I've traveled to Australia, my calorie adjustment is extremely high (seems like it is, recording kilojoules). As soon as I get back to the states, all is, well again for that point forward, but the adjustment remains high while I'm actually in Australia. I couldn't find a setting that would control this... ideas??

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am in Australia. Not sure what you mean.

Yes we are in metric so the standard measure is kilojoules - and roughly 4 kj is one calorie.

But you can set your phone or tablet or whatever to calories, even in Australia - and then if you scan bar codes or search for generic foods the app shows you the calorie level

You dont need to do any adjustments?
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    huh? I also live in Australia but I use calories not kj because kj is a weird measurement, much like gallons and ounces and inches and miles. :D

I have used MFP whilst travelling to and from Sth America and never had an issue with it changing from calories to kj.

The only time I had an issue was with the lastest update in the Fitbit app which changed my calories to KJ and I couldn't figure out how to swap it back without extensive Googling.

Not quite sure what your app is doing - it shouldn't change from KCal to KJ just randomly like that.