Starting over ... once again

Options
pheinc
pheinc Posts: 39 Member
Good afternoon everyone. I have been using MFP off and on for several years and usually did well when I checked in daily and tracked my food. I’ve been absent for a while and have gained back all the weight I worked so hard to lose. Along with the weight I’ve welcomed a few health issues and am now determined to get my *kitten* together once and for all. After working with a couple doctors and nutritionists I am dedicating myself to a hybrid keto/sibo plan. I will be dairy and fodmap free. Looking for some kindred souls with busy lives, leaky gut, gluten intolerance and love for delicious/wholesome food. I love to cook and have access to farm fresh foods. Very busy with life; kids, husband, work and passions.
Would be great to connect with a few like minds so we can help each other along, share recipes and stay the course. I’m 51 years old and want to be around for a long time!!!
B)

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

You've done this before so you know what you need to do to lose weight and regain your health.

Good luck with your journey!
  • Eric_smeric
    Eric_smeric Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • evaulrich
    evaulrich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been on MFP for a long time, too, and I, like you, do really well when I am consistent in keeping track of my food and exercise. I am consistent about checking in every day, but for the past 9 or 10 months, I haven't been tracking my food or exercise consistently, and it shows on the scale. I haven't gained, but I haven't lost. So, I would love to support you and have some support to get back on track as well. I also love to cook, but one of my passions is baking which makes losing even more challenging. We live in Southern California, so we always have access to fresh fruits and vegies. I have a few food sensitivities, such as eggs and milk. Interestingly, I can eat cheese with no issues, just not drink milk or eat ice cream. I am also fully allergic to shellfish, but luckily, I can eat other fish. I limit the meat that I eat mostly to poultry and fish. My 25-year old daughter is sensitive to gluten and dairy, and I would love to learn how you are doing with preparing meals without those components since she asks for my help with new recipes that meet her food needs. I'm a few years older than you, and like you, I want to be around a long time! My paternal grandmother lived to 98, and was healthy and active to about 95. I ideal goal is to stay healthy to the end and live at least as long as she did!