My cravings

Options
My worse is sweets! I crave sugary items the most. Recently I've remove them all out of my house including sodas.I'm in day 3 of my diet. My first weigh in is on Friday Aug 16th. I'm hoping I lost at least 3lbs.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    When I started mfp, I tossed my sweets, too. Within two weeks of eating pescatarian, my cravings were gone.

Good luck with your journey!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,589 Member
    Options
    The less you eat sweets the less you'll crave them. I recently had a piece of pie and was shocked at how sweet it was, and I've never tasted a frosting too sweet or dessert that was too rich! Of course I still ate it, but have found I'm good with fruit and Greek yogurt with a little monkfruit on a daily basis.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    The less you eat sweets the less you'll crave them. I recently had a piece of pie and was shocked at how sweet it was, and I've never tasted a frosting too sweet or dessert that was too rich! Of course I still ate it, but have found I'm good with fruit and Greek yogurt with a little monkfruit on a daily basis.

Agree with this. My taste buds have changed since cutting out most sweeteners and sugars.

The natural sweetness of greens, tomatoes, etc is coming out, even broccoli taste sweet to me now.

I went to cave, used some of my old very sweet coffee creamer, it tasted sickly sweet (gross) to me now.

Like others, my cravings have also gone away after the first few days of giving them up!
    (Or at least significantly decreased).