Just to confirm WATER INTAKE SO IMPORTANT- DRINK UP BUTTER C

Options
Ok y'all....i know the more we hear things the more likely we are to believe them so here is my story on why water is so important.
I am always under goal for sodium so I thought I was good. i have never been a huge water drinker, and when i did it was with crystal light, over the weekend I mysteriously gained 3lbs over night, from 173 to 176 with the advice of my friends on MPF i started drinking PURE water...ice water to be more specific - not that I think ice makes any difference at all- not for this point anyway- i woke up this morning and one pound was gone.175.2 .l was like ok....getting somewere, ate breakfest, snack, lunch another snack, drank 9 glasses of water. with all of that food in me i should have weighed more right, thats why we all say weigh first thing in the am, so I came home to change to go for my run and figured i would test this theory, sure enough i had "lost" another pound 174.2!! almost back to my organial weight!!! and thats WITH all the food i've consumed today!!!!! so the morale of this story DRINK UP BUTTER CUP!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!
    I noticed the same thing. If I don't drink enough water, my weight goes up.
    Also, I notice that I'm lighter when I get home from work than I am at night and even sometimes in the am, so don't be disappointed if that number isn't officially another lb. gone in the morning. If it is, even better!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I would say 90% of the time i am 2lbs heaiver in the pm than i am in the am...almost always excatly 2lbs...kinda weird actually.
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I love my water!! I have heard that drinking it very cold is good for weightloss since your body has to work harder to warm itself back up, not sure if that is true or not, but it sounds like good logic.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    Options
    I love my water!! I have heard that drinking it very cold is good for weightloss since your body has to work harder to warm itself back up, not sure if that is true or not, but it sounds like good logic.

that is true...its not much though totals about 5lbs extra a year ( a medical study i saw on tv) .....but hey i'll take it!!
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I would say 90% of the time i am 2lbs heaiver in the pm than i am in the am...almost always excatly 2lbs...kinda weird actually.
    That's awesome! I'm usually 1-2, but before dinner I'll be between a half pound lighter and a half pound heavier than my morning weigh-in.
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options

I am usually 2 - 3 pounds heavier at bedtime, but I drink water up till that time :) But I also can tell the difference when I don't drink as much. I tend to drink less water on the weekends since my day is less structured, I changed my weigh-in day from Monday to Wednesday...I like to tell myself that is a more "accurate" view of my weight. :wink:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    LOL, I see that the CUP was cut off the tittle of your forum. I thought you were telling people to drink butter.
  • peggy1952
    peggy1952 Posts: 46
    Options
    I heard someone say today you should take your weight divide it in half and drink that many ozs. of water.
    That's alot of water.
    How do you drink so much??
    Peg
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    Options
    I heard someone say today you should take your weight divide it in half and drink that many ozs. of water.
    That's alot of water.
    Peg

I'm new to drinking this much water, as in 2 days new, I have been hospitalized twice for dehydration so I'm the one that NEVER drinks, I have a 24 ounce bottle fill it up with ice and water and sip on it as many time as i have to go potty when i get up i take my water bottle with me and go fill it up again--- not int he potty though that would be eeewww!!!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    Options
    LOL, I see that the CUP was cut off the tittle of your forum. I thought you were telling people to drink butter.

hahahaha drink up butter cup maybe shoudl have been buttercup one word, its what my best friend--usually she's not talking about water though...hehehe...it works though.
  • 123gonnareachit
    Options
    well i'm always way under my sodium intake but i drink 8 glasses of water per day.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I'm also always under my sodium (don't add anything extra other than what's naturally in my food) but I dehydrate rapidly, even if I'm not moving, working out or sweating: it's just the way my body is (no diabetes or anything). I drink about 1 1/2 to 2 gallons a day, people at work see my gallon jug that comes to work each day & sometime place bets on if it will be finished before Ieave:laugh: . On weekends, I sometimes only get about 1 gallon, but I notice the difference since for me, that's too little water! My skin is healthier when I'm properly hydrated and I feel better. When I drink too little, I get dizzy, moody & bloated: most would think that's what would happen when you drink too much :tongue:
    Water is the sustenance of life, literally: don't ever under-rate it!:drinker:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates all the time. You are drawing causal conclusions from things that are most likely coincidental. Except the immediate time following a hard workout (I lose 3-5lbs during a typical workout). I have never paid the slightest attention to my water intake. I drink and eat normal amounts of liquid and foods, but don't ever "measure" my water intake. It has never affected my weight loss or my workouts one way or the other. Just another perspective.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    Options
    Weight fluctuates all the time. You are drawing causal conclusions from things that are most likely coincidental. Except the immediate time following a hard workout (I lose 3-5lbs during a typical workout). I have never paid the slightest attention to my water intake. I drink and eat normal amounts of liquid and foods, but don't ever "measure" my water intake. It has never affected my weight loss or my workouts one way or the other. Just another perspective.

Every medical professional I have ever spoke to says you need at least 8 glasses of water a day- for woman sometimes more, and if you are working out even more- my whole life i have had issues with drinking enough water - being hospitalized due to dehydration- also there has been several studies that show water intakes helps your body function better, when working out and processing food and nutrients. It is also a medical fact that if you have to much sodium in your body it retains water weight, and drinking water helps filter that out and release that weight. So i'm certain that it isn't coincidental. but thanks for your input:happy:
  • DianneMoreno
    Options
    i found a water bottle at tuesay morning that has a computer on it that measures how much i drink each day. i am drinking 1/2 my weight in ounces (115 oz.!) each day, and its hard! but i do it every day b/c of the computer that tells me the percentage i am to my goal. oh...and i pee A LOT!
  • maccabeth
    maccabeth Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That's alot of water.
    Peg

For me, that would mean I need to drink 90 oz./day. My trainer says I should drink 140 oz! And I'm someone who really never drinks water just to drink water. In fact, I don't drink much of anything through out the day (just coffee in the morning, water/powerade when I run and maybe a cup of tea after dinner). It's HARD! I told him last week I'd add a 24 oz bottle of water per day and be up to goal by this week. Um, that has been realllllllly hard. In fact, it's 10:30 at night and I'm going to have to chug one of those bad boys just to get up to the 8 glasses! Also, I'm kinda tired of having to pee every hour. When I go back to school (as a teacher) next month, it won't be possible to go to the bathroom like that all day. Not sure how this is going to work. :embarassed:
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    Options
    i found a water bottle at tuesay morning that has a computer on it that measures how much i drink each day. i am drinking 1/2 my weight in ounces (115 oz.!) each day, and its hard! but i do it every day b/c of the computer that tells me the percentage i am to my goal. oh...and i pee A LOT!

I pee ALOT too more than i did when i was pregnant LOL!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I drink between 12 and 17 -8 oz servings of water each day, in addition to whatever coffee or tea I might consume. Since I have been doing this for a while, the need to take a "wiz" has leveled off. As long as I keep sipping a bit at a time, the floodgates don't seem to need opening as often as when I chug-a-lug a large quantity at once. I have a 24 oz water bottle that gets filled up in the morning and stays with me at all times, being refilled as needed.

Another nice side effect of the increased hydration is that I no longer have rough elbows and knees, and this past winter, I no longer experienced the "Attack of the Itchy Legs" --the dry skin on my legs that always used to arrive during the winter--I assume due to the drying effects of heat inside the house. This past winter, I never had to put lotion on my legs once for the "itchies"--since they never showed up!!!:drinker: :drinker:

Another nice side effect to good hydration is it helps your skin stay more elastic, which means less sagging as you lose, even if you are over 50. That seems to be true, based upon my own experience.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Bottoms Up!!! Glug glug!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

:laugh: I couldn't imagine drinking butter but that is what I thought also. We would never lose any weight drinking 8 glasses of butter a day. :laugh:
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    Somewhat off topic, :flowerforyou:

I just heard about a study where two groups drank the same amount of Liquid. One group drank water and the other drank Tea.... The group which drank Tea was more "hydrated" than the group which drank water. :huh:

Carry On :laugh: :flowerforyou: