66lbs - 6 Months - NOT DIETING

Options
BL_Mark
BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
1d34f546-c091-4ebc-8c5e-93e3ce05572b_zpsac49a44e.jpg

I've been telling everybody... I'm NOT dieting. Portion control, eating healthy and getting active. That's IT! If I would've known it was this easy, I would've done in years ago. I follow a few simple rules

1 - Log Every Day
2 - Log Everything
3 - Open Food Diary - Keeps me honest.. :oP
4 - Lots and LOTS of water
5 - Progress shots
6 - Eat within your calories and if you go over... ah well. It's not the end of the world
7 - Exercise doesn't mean gym time. Cut the grass, go for a walk, go for a bike ride... do SOMETHING
8 - Eat what you love... Pizza, beer, chips whatever as long as you're within your calorie goal for the day.
9 - Support system... you need it! Friends, family and all my peeps on here... couldn't do it without you!
10 - It's not a RACE!! 2lbs/week is safe and a respectable goal. I have a hard time with that one!

Replies

• BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Nice job and great commitment! There is no motivation that beats pictures of yourself as you become "a loser" :drinker:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Great Job Mark, you rock
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Love it! You look great!
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation! Keep at it! :)
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congrats!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've been telling everybody... I'm NOT dieting. Portion control, eating healthy and getting active. That's IT! If I would've known it was this easy, I would've done in years ago. I follow a few simple rules

1 - Log Every Day
    2 - Log Everything
    5 - Progress shots
    6 - Eat within your calories and if you go over... ah well. It's not the end of the world
    7 - Exercise doesn't mean gym time. Cut the grass, go for a walk, go for a bike ride... do SOMETHING
    8 - Eat what you love... Pizza, beer, chips whatever as long as you're within your calorie goal for the day.
    9 - Support system... you need it! Friends, family and all my peeps on here... couldn't do it without you!
    10 - It's not a RACE!! 2lbs/week is safe and a respectable goal. I have a hard time with that one!

Counting caloires, logging food, exercising, support system... How exactly do you define dieting, if this isn't it?
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Counting caloires, logging food, exercising, support system... How exactly do you define dieting, if this isn't it?

Atkins, juicing etc... those don't work for me. I'm not knocking them in anyway... I just know they won't work for ME. Has my DIET changed?!... hell yes.. but it's not dieting. I'm having a turkey sandwich on wheat bread and Doritos for lunch... doesn't sound like diet food to me! My point is you don't have to eat salads every meal of the day to eat healthy.
  • Determined518
    Determined518 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Atkins, juicing etc... those don't work for me. I'm not knocking them in anyway... I just know they won't work for ME. Has my DIET changed?!... hell yes.. but it's not dieting. I'm having a turkey sandwich on wheat bread and Doritos for lunch... doesn't sound like diet food to me! My point is you don't have to eat salads every meal of the day to eat healthy.

OIC. Cutting calories = dieting to me. But then, I don't think dieting is a dirty word.

ETA: but semantics aside, GREAT work on your progress!
  • mz_grim
    mz_grim Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    you look awesome, way to go :)
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wow amazing!! good job!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Great job! :happy:
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Looking good!
  • hafbreed02
    Options
    1d34f546-c091-4ebc-8c5e-93e3ce05572b_zpsac49a44e.jpg

1 - Log Every Day
    2 - Log Everything
    5 - Progress shots

Awesome job bud....you're right on the money....TOO many people get caught up in "the mad world of fitness" without realizing not everyone wants to be a fitness model, or a bodybuilder for that matter....hell, most people just wanna drop a couple sizes and be healthy for their loved ones....keep kickin' *kitten*!
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Progress! Love the List!. Stealing it!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    You've done very well. I like your list :-)
  • xxhawk68xx
    xxhawk68xx Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good job!! Like your way of thinking as it definatley works for you ;)
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Couldn't say it better myself. Congrats on your progress so far!
  • RobertHendrix
    RobertHendrix Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Way to go, keep up the good work. I tell my daughter that all the time. Doesn't matter what you do just do something to get moving.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Great mindset. You are doing it the right way. Congrats to you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!