Intermittent fasting success?

Options
I’ve been doing intermittent fasting for about a week now. Ive lost 3 pounds, but I’m curious about other people’s weight loss while intermittent fasting. How many pounds hav enough lost and for how long have you done IF?

Replies

• Servalbanshee
    Servalbanshee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey how are you. I'm also new to IF. I started losing weight back in December and have managed to take off 68 pounds. About 1.5 months ago I just stalled dead in my tracks at 215 pounds. I am doing 20:4 and hoping this will push me past my plateu. Hie many calories are you eating and have you lost weight already or are you totally new to this? I'm eating 2000 calories in my 4 hr window. I'm on night 3 of 7. Hope to see progress🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    mellyi6922 wrote: »
    I’ve been doing intermittent fasting for about a week now. Ive lost 3 pounds, but I’m curious about other people’s weight loss while intermittent fasting. How many pounds hav enough lost and for how long have you done IF?

For weight loss, IF is just a strategy to make it easier to stick to your calorie deficit. If you are in a deficit you'll lose weight, if not you won't.

I did 16:8 for most of the time I was losing weight, about 20 lbs. I lost weight as my calories predicted over the long term, whether I stuck to my window or not. I found delaying eating until the afternoon really helped with my appetite. I continued doing it when I was in maintenance until I changed jobs. My schedule changed and I started waking up hungry, so I changed back to a more traditional schedule. Same calories, same results.

If you're relatively new to using the food diary, this is a great place to start:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Good luck!
  • mellyi6922
    mellyi6922 Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    On the app it tells me to eat 1650 calories roughly. And I’ve lost 3 pounds in 6 days. But I’m new to the fasting, but my husband has done it for a while and it really worked for him so that’s why I tried it. It’s actually really great with my life style. As far as your plateau, looking up zig zag calorie cycling. It should help break through the plateau. I actually used to be in good shape but then I had three kids in a 4 year time span 😂