Stopped losing weight.

Options
Hi everyone!
I started to work with MFP 160 days ago, lost 10 kilos on a 2200 kalories net per day and since 2 months have not lost any weght at all. Why, can anyone give me an advice? Thanks. Fredrik in Frankfurt, Germany.

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Welcome to maintenance. If that’s not your goal, you need to adjust input, or output.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options
    @Fredrik1946
    Welcome to the maintenance thread. If you are not longer loosing weight you have achieved maintenance!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight your calories will be reduced as it takes less calories to maintain the weight of your thinner body. If you wish to continue losing you may have to redo your goals so the system will reset the calorie level for losing. Just go to the goals section and edit something then save and it should recalculate the calories you need daily. Congratulations on your 10 Kilo loss! Great job.
  • Fredrik1946
    Fredrik1946 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Many thanks for your comments. I have reduced my goal to 2000 calories. According to Myfittnespal I should continue to lose a lot of kilos but I do not, is the individual difference so big?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Many thanks for your comments. I have reduced my goal to 2000 calories. According to Myfittnespal I should continue to lose a lot of kilos but I do not, is the individual difference so big?

Not as big as the accuracy / inaccuracy range of calorie logging estimates between different individuals.
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Maintenance days for the win!
  • Fredrik1946
    Fredrik1946 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    RovP6 wrote: »

Congats on your weight loss. I would imagine that right now your metabolism is laughing at you because it has downregulated to your new set point. Cutting calories further may not be the answer, in fact the opposite might be the best thing you can do. See how it goes with the further calorie reduction, give it at least 2 weeks before deciding what to do next. If you are still not dropping I'd be inclined to slowly increase calories until your weight starts to rise again and sit there for another 2 weeks before dropping again. As others have said, your BMR will have dropped because you have 10kg less weight to sustain. Your NEAT may have also dropped for the same reason.

Many thanks for your comment. You seem to know this well. It is of course not easy to follow you advice as it is a contradiction to the fight I have had for quite some time. I was 105 kg and am now 95 and been on that level almost 2 months (including a 2 week cruise). On my calory level they estimate my weight to around 88 in 5 weeks, which I cannot belive. Is their calculation so wrong? I live an active life with golf and gym and reduce consequently my calori intake with maybe 3000 calories per week included in my 2000 level? Does that effect the estimation. How about growth of muscles? Appreciate your feed back.
    Kind regards. Fredrik