Hitting a plateau...

Options
I only really had 15lbs to lose to be my ideal weight. I'm already in the healthy range, but want to tone up and bring my body fat down a percentage or 2.
The first 5lbs came off easy and fast (within a week or two), but now I'm stuck. I've been fluctuating up and down a pound or two for 2 weeks now. I started 30 day shred this week to step up the strength aspect, as I was mostly doing treadmill workouts and yoga previously, but still no movement!
Im just looking for some hope...starting to get discouraged!

Replies

• BeverlyHillsCop
    BeverlyHillsCop Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You could always try the Insanity workout. That certainly helped me gain a lot tone and trim the last few stingy lbs.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    A couple of weeks without a loss is well within the normal fluctuations you're going to see. Your body just be adjusting after the initial loss or you could be holding onto some extra water weight thanks to the new exercise program.

It's tough to give any more specific advice without knowing more about what you're doing. Your diary is closed. How much are you eating? Are you weighing/measuring your portions or eyeballing them? Are you eating back the earned exercise calories MFP gives you and if so how are you calculating the burn? MFP estimates or a heart rate monitor?