Protein snacks

I could use anyone's help with yummy protein filled snacks I could take to work with me so I'm not starving before my after work workout. I'm getting tired of hard boiled eggs and eggs in general. The snacks would need to be easy to eat quickly as I have a very short break time.

Replies

• CardinalComb
    CardinalComb Posts: 66 Member
    Pork rinds
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    quest bars (you can bring 'em anywhere, eat 'em fast - some flavors are really good, some are meh)

cottage cheese (maybe individual cups for work?)

yogurt (i like the dannon light & fit peach and vanilla and the new toasted marshmallow flavors)

cheese (a slice of light cheese is fast to grab and eat while cheese sticks are easy to bring along and fast to eat)

i sometimes bring a protein drink in an insulated bottle and sip when needed.

tofu jerky (or beef or turkey jerky if you're not a vegetarian. i am, but there's still soy jerky.)

milk (whole, low fat or non-fat - you can bring little cartons or bring some in an insulated bottle.)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Greek yogurt is an easy one (I like to mix in high fiber cereal for some low-cal added crunch plus fiber). In a pinch, I'll use Clif Builder Bars or Quest bars for some on-the-go easy protein.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Quest bars are my favorite, easy choice. I bought many different flavored bars from the grocery store and found my favorites, then I started ordering them by the box on Amazon Subscribe and Save. I eat one just about every day, and I always keep one in my purse for "emergencies".
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Shrimp cocktail.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    Crispy chickpeas, dry roasted soybeans, jerky.
  • mallinds
    mallinds Posts: 26 Member
    I love the graphics that was posted earlier

I usually eat tuna with a little mayo, two pickles, and some seasoned salt. That with triscuit gets me through my afternoon
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I always keep Quest bars in my bag.

Creative? No. Quick, portable, and with a decent protein per calorie ratio? Yup.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited August 2019
    I like tuna, relish, and mayo (one of the tuna companies makes little prepacked kits), nuts (they don't like me), seeds (like dried edamame), sometimes a protein bar (I can't stomach the shakes, got sick of them a long time ago), peanut butter snacks (crackers, veggies, or fruits with pb), beef or turkey sticks, deli meat and cream cheese rolls, tempeh salad wraps, chicken salad wraps, can use lettuce to wrap if cutting carbs.
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    I love Kirkland salted nut bar with drizzled dark chocolate. Only 200 cals and very satisfying. I eat one most days on my way to the gym after work.
  • CardinalComb
    CardinalComb Posts: 66 Member
    Pork rinds. Mmmmmhmmmm pig skin!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    apullum wrote: »

Creative? No. Quick, portable, and with a decent protein per calorie ratio? Yup.

Favorite flavors?? @apullum :p
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    This is one of my favorites--throw in blender and you have a Cherry Garcia shake! I usually use more protein powder (1 full scoop) and omit the chia seeds, but it's good both ways.
    • 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
    • 1/4 cup water
    • 1/4 almond milk
    • 1 cup pitted cherries
    • 2 tablespoons whole almonds
    • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
    • 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
    • 1/2 cup ice
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member

Double chocolate chunk. Bet you could never have guessed :)
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Greek yogurt+fruit with a bit of granola
    Hummus+veggies
    Celery, Apple+PB
    Green apple sliced in circles+turkey slices+2 TBSP cottage cheese+salt/pepper
    Turkey+cheese roll-ups
    Tuna cakes
    Tuna+crackers/rice cakes
    Avocado toast
    Protein shake
    Protein bar
    Smoothie
    Trail mix
    Nuts+fruit
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

Double chocolate chunk. Bet you could never have guessed :)

Haha chocolate queen!