Almased Supplement

Options
Hi, I am not new, just starting again... So, yesterday I started using Almased supplement, anyone else use it? I want to lose 10lbs, already lost 20 and have maintained for a few years.. I lost one pound already and my stomach feels flatter. I was a bit hungry but then I drank the veggie broth after my shake last night and felt fine! Anyone else use this?

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I've used it before but it gets expensive! Also didn't keep me full but I like the mood boost I felt(maybe placebo) but I'll never buy it again
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    What are you looking for it to do? If the only goal is to lose weight, then there is no supplement that causes or "promotes" weight loss, no matter what the supplement claims to do. Weight loss is 100% caused by consistently being in a calorie deficit, not by using a supplement.

This particular one appears to be just a protein/"meal replacement" shake similar to Slim Fast. For all of these products, drink them if you like the taste and/or prefer to get your macros that way, but know that they do absolutely nothing special for weight loss.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Are you prepared to take it forever?

Because the biggest problem with meal replacement shakes is that one day you'll have lost whatever weight you wanted to lose and you'll stop taking it and start eating normal meals again.

At that point odds are good you'll put on weight again.

That's how they make money.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Just another fad meal replacement...
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to have meal "replacements". It's not really a sustainable way of eating.

As mentioned above, the manufacturer makes a profit off of you in the hopes that you'll continue buying their product again once you realize that returning to "real" food will most likely result in a weight gain.