nsv: DO YOU KNOW WHAT THESE ARE!!!!!

misskerouac
misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
JEANS_zps5a77c64d.jpg

These are my size 10 American Eagle Jeans.
The jeans I've had staring at me in my closet telling me to keep going.
The jeans I wore 7 years ago at my smallest.
The jeans that when I started living healthier almost 2 years ago I could get up past my knees.
The jeans I tried on a year ago and could get them on but not do them up.
The jeans I tried on a few months ago and could do them up but BARELY, resulting in major muffin top.

The jeans that I tried on this morning for sh*ts and giggles and they did up with no muffing top.

*Also I just wanted to mention my weight has been the same for almost a year now, fluctuating up and down the same 3-5 lbs. This was JUST the reminder I needed to not put so much emphasis on the scale.

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    CONGRATS!
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Congrats!!!!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    awesome post!!! congrats!!
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    That's great! I think I have a pair of jeans similar to those hidden away somewhere. I hope to check them out in a few months.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    AWESOME Progress...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    That's a good NSV one that puts the scale in proper perspective, proves your progress and keeps you motivated.

Congrats. I'm convinced pants are magical and should be the true measure of success on this site. I'd like to kindly apply for a "pants ticker" option with the 18 million dollars.
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    LOVE IT! Great Job!
  • SimplyDenyse
    SimplyDenyse Posts: 124 Member
    good reminder to us all the scale doesnt tell the whole story
  • misskerouac
    That's a good NSV one that puts the scale in proper perspective, proves your progress and keeps you motivated.

Congrats. I'm convinced pants are magical and should be the true measure of success on this site. I'd like to kindly apply for a "pants ticker" option with the 18 million dollars.

OH MAN a pants ticker is genius!
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Congrats on your successes!

I'm learning that while the scale is still helpful, my new friend is my tape measurer - and smaller sized clothes! :flowerforyou:
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Congratulations!
  • barrpc
    barrpc Posts: 96
    ll bet that felt great...I have a pair of 32" waist I can probably wear now, but I'm skeered to try.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Love love love!!! And they look pretty darn great on you too!
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    hot : P High five sister!!
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Woohoo!!! That's the best feeling! And thank you for the reminder about the scale - its so easy to get focused on that number and miss out on all of our other progress!!
  • misskerouac
    Thanks everyone!

I have been concentrating a lot more on strength and how good it feels when you can move up a set of dumbells or move up to the next kettle bell.

It has really been helping me setting goals like that instead of "lose 2 lbs" this month.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member

*Also I just wanted to mention my weight has been the same for almost a year now, fluctuating up and down the same 3-5 lbs. This was JUST the reminder I needed to not put so much emphasis on the scale.

thanks for this - it's hard to not be scale-obessed, but this is a great reminder
  • slhass10
    slhass10 Posts: 47 Member
    Great job! I have a pair of jeans in the bottom of my drawer just waiting to be worn again...and some I have never worn.
  • Dreaaa
    Dreaaa Posts: 319 Member
    Oh my gosh!!! I'm SO happy for you. I got a pair like that in my closet. It's motivation to keep going and working hard.
    I so agree with the scale not telling the whole story.

We should BURN them all.
  • JessicaBR13
    JessicaBR13 Posts: 294 Member
    :drinker: :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!