Hello, I’m new ... any beach walkers out there?

Options
Hello beautiful peeps! I’m looking for an accountability partner . I’m renting a home near the beach for a year. I want to use this time wisely and move consistently by walking the beach before I start splitting my time between 2 residences. I need an accountability partner. Someone who will keep me accountable with tracking my food and walking on the beach.

..... actually .... just walking anywhere would be good too! My goal is to consistently walk at least a mile or two a day. I would like to walk 5 miles a day by 2020. Who’d like to join me?

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I moved to a beach town hoping to start walking the beach, have walked a couple of times... But haven't really committed to it.

I would love to start walking the beach even 2 days a week.

Or even walk to the beach and home. I'm about a mile from beach.

• wkoutlady180
    wkoutlady180 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Let’s hold one another accountability. Like I have no excuse for not getting up earlier and walking the beach. Omg!! When would you like to start?
  • wkoutlady180
    Options
    Thanks for joining this challenge with me. Do you do anything else for fitness?

I turned on my notifications to let me know when I had a message but I didn’t get your message. Were you notified when I responded?
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    Sorry, I commented on my way out the door to work. I don't take this phone with me.

I was working out 3-5 days a week (around 25 minutes light cardio, and 15-20 minutes light strength training).

But I started a very physical job (18,000-30,000 fast paced steps, with a lot of stooping, squatting, and reaching).

I quit my workouts due to physical exhaustion from work.

I really would love to get in at least two walks a week. Build up to 3-4. I usually start at 1 mile and build up to 3.

• Emmapatterson1729
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I sent you a friends request.
    My diary is open to friends. Changing that in privacy settings, makes me a little more conscious of what I'm eating, knowing others can see it.

I would like to start walking this week, I am going to try and get a walk in tomorrow night...I'm a night owl. I usually walk very early AM (after staying up all night) or night walks. I have never responded to any accountability request, so this is new to me. I just realized a couple of months ago, there's a community, after years of being on and off app.

I really need this. Walking outdoors also reduces my stress! I'm on the Washington Coast... It's starting to get chilly and drizzly here, which I love!!
  • wkoutlady180
    Options
    I am so jealous, we are hot in the south here. That has been a downfall for me because it gets so hot and muggy here. I don’t want to use that as an excuse. I’m going to try to start jump roping with my husband tomorrow or doing some type of fitness. I’m going to track it. I’m glad we are friends so hopefully we can build a walking community. I believe that even if I work out with my husband, I should incorporate walking. This will help me stay accountable to some type of physical fitness, just in case I do not work out. I hope this makes sense? Please excuse any typos I’m using speech to text.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Lol, I've lived in Florida (on beach), Mississippi (on beach), and Texas (day trip to beach).

It was hot and muggy in Florida and Mississippi, Texas was hot, but not as muggy!!