Struggling!

mddta
mddta Posts: 1 Member
Hi guys. Have my macros set by a PT. Gone from doing nothing and eating terribly to daily walking and/or cycling . Mindful eating etc. each day I complete my diary. Each day it gives me a 5 week prediction. BUT weight still not budging. 5 weeks now. What the?? Cheers Mandy.

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited August 2019
    Need a little more information, how many calories are you eating daily? What macros did they set you at? How tall are you?

Calorie and height play into how much you'll lose and rate of loss.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Why would a pt set your macros? You might be better off letting mfp set them.

Good luck with your journey!
  • JavaAndChocolate
    JavaAndChocolate Posts: 8 Member
    It really could be so many things...

Have you had lab work recently to check if anything is out of wack? Thyroid, blood sugar etc...

Or perhaps you’re over estimating, then eating, more exercise calories than you’re truly burning??

Are you weighing out your food rather than eyeballin’ it? It’s sooooo easy to be off on calorie count without weighing. Esp in things like nuts, peanut butter and fruit. But really, in ALL things. If you don’t have a good scale, get a digital one. Pretty cheap at Walmart!!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Another thing, may or may not be the case. I suggest take measurements and progress pics. I see on here over and over again, scale not budging, but measurements going down, and pictures showing trimming up. Especially in a new deficit and new workout (when starting out).
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    mddta wrote: »
    Hi guys. Have my macros set by a PT. Gone from doing nothing and eating terribly to daily walking and/or cycling . Mindful eating etc. each day I complete my diary. Each day it gives me a 5 week prediction. BUT weight still not budging. 5 weeks now. What the?? Cheers Mandy.

What is your height and weight? How many calories are you eating?

Are you using a food scale? Double checking the entries you are choosing in the database have accurate calories listed? Do you log everything - beverages, condiments, cooking oils, cheat meals, everything?