New to This

Options
What's up fam? My names Eden, I am 21 years old and currently 224 pounds. I am well aware that I do not live the healthiest life style, but in the two days I have already been on this app, I seen how bad it has gotten. I want to get my life on track before it's too late. My mom uses this app to help with her weight loss and I figured I would try the same. I am currently only doing calorie count, but I am looking for ways to get in shape, if anyone has any suggestions for a broke college student tying to loose some weight, please let me know! Hope everyone has a great day!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Good luck with your journey!
  • JavaAndChocolate
    JavaAndChocolate Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do all kinds of free workout videos online. Fitnessblender and popsugar are probably my faves bc there are SOOO MANY! And for all different levels of fitness. And did I mention they’re FREE?! 😆

And far as good food cheap, if you have an Aldi’s ... go!! You can find a lot of fresh and frozen healthy foods. Best place to buy seafood imo!!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Don't need a lot of expensive equipment or gym membership to start light exercising.

I use canned food for hand weights, do some light arm exercises, high reps, while binge watching my favorite shows.

Or wall push-ups. I try to utilize things I already own and my space around me.

And agree with first comment, Aldis, Trader Joe's, or grocery outlets are great for cheap foods and even produce. Dollar Tree is also incorporating some healthier options.

• aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Hi 👋🏻 Welcome! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. You can do it! 🌺
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    What's up fam? My names Eden, I am 21 years old and currently 224 pounds. I am well aware that I do not live the healthiest life style, but in the two days I have already been on this app, I seen how bad it has gotten. I want to get my life on track before it's too late. My mom uses this app to help with her weight loss and I figured I would try the same. I am currently only doing calorie count, but I am looking for ways to get in shape, if anyone has any suggestions for a broke college student tying to loose some weight, please let me know! Hope everyone has a great day!

Walking is free and almost anyone can do it.
    You don't have to buy any special foods to lose weight. Just start logging, and start to note what foods fill you up, and which ones are a waste of calories, and learn as you go.
    When my budget is tight, I rely on eggs, canned tuna, canned beans, rolled oats, bananas, potatoes, carrots, and cabbage to bulk out my meals with any extra money going to fancier stuff :smile:

Welcome and best of luck!