Goals

Options
I am trying to get stronger and gain wait in muscle and burn the fat. I can’t seem to eat enough calories. I over exceed my protein goals before I reach my calorie goal. It seems if I keep eating I will also go over my carb, fat, sodium, and saturated fat, and cholesterol levels. Do you have any advice.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Why do you think it's a problem to exceed your protein and carb goals if you are within your overall calorie goal?

Why can't you eat enough?
    Not hungry? Food restriction?

Making your food diary public would help in case there are logging issues, the database has a lot of poor entries for example.

Are you actually trying to gain weight or maintain weight?
    What is your weight trend over a period of weeks actually doing?
  • wsrocks087
    wsrocks087 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m maintaining weight but getting stronger. I’t seems I will start getting fat again if I eat that much food.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    wsrocks087 wrote: »
    I’m maintaining weight but getting stronger. I’t seems I will start getting fat again if I eat that much food.

If you want advice then you need to give people some info to work with. You only answered one out of five questions!

At the moment the problem is unclear and your diary is visible only to you.
  • wsrocks087
    Options
    The problem I’m having is I can’t reach the 3000 calorie goal without eating to much fat, and sodium, and can you wait to much protein and carbs. I reach my protein goal after only eating about 2000 calories.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    It's fine to go over your macros (protein/fat/carbs)...and sodium, etc.

Weight management is strictly calories. The Fat and Protein goals are minimums, not maximums.

Obviously if you are cutting carbs, you'll go over on fats, protein, or both, and possibly sat fats and cholesterol. Then it becomes more an issue of your overall health than your weight - and that question goes to your Doctor.

If you are exceeding all your macros (Fat Protein Carb) then you are also exceeding calories.
  • wsrocks087
    Options
    Thank you.