Woo to become disagree.

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Good.

Now give me all your woos before they disappear for good.

Can not bring myself to woo someone with an animal as profile pic

Any animal at all?

I'm happy to see the end of the controversial woo. Which just looks like a bowling ball to me.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Good.

Now give me all your woos before they disappear for good.

Can not bring myself to woo someone with an animal as profile pic

Any animal at all?

I'm happy to see the end of the controversial woo. Which just looks like a bowling ball to me.

It was sooooo hard not to “like” this one. It truly was about as effective as a bowling ball.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    I read the link in the OP and it says that they are replacing woo with disagree. And they ask us to use it respectfully. I'm just imagining the selfie thread when someone posts a selfie, gets told they look pretty (has a happy) and then later happens to see someone anonymously hits the "disagree" button (has a sadz).
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    I read the link in the OP and it says that they are replacing woo with disagree. And they ask us to use it respectfully. I'm just imagining the selfie thread when someone posts a selfie, gets told they look pretty (has a happy) and then later happens to see someone anonymously hits the "disagree" button (has a sadz).

Yes. “I disagree with your face” is just... weird
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options

Yes. “I disagree with your face” is just... weird

Well, the "I disagree that you look pretty" is just....mean. As in you look ugly. So, I bet there will be new feuds.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    qvpy2q0wsnw2.png

om4k2ybeymko.png

hooray-net-hooray-hooray-cat-meme-generator-53598065.png
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    lgfrie wrote: »
    This post filled me with enthusiasm .... briefly, until I hit the link and realized that they're replacing it with a Disagree button.

I don't know why it is so difficult for MFP to grok that there should be no negative sanction/shaming/calling out of other people's posts. It serves no constructive purpose and saps the positive energy from the forum.

You weren't around the forums before the reaction was introduced.
    Ooh the jumping on the band wagon and multi posts disagreeing almost verbatim for pages.

I much preferred going back to do a woo to disagree once I had liked a post that had the correct info.

Heck, you posted at you own peril some years.

‘Disagree’ will be a useful tool if used correctly, which it won’t be all of the time.

Cheers, h.

My belief is that aggressive moderation cleaned this up more than the addition of the Woo button.

I very much doubt that the personality type that contributed to that environment would be satisfied with a mere click of a button.