Fresh Start, over 100lbs to lose

Options
No more excuses. And no more giving in when the scales aren't kind. I need to lose well over 100lbs. I am restricted with exercise due to an illness causing disability. And have lots of medication which doesn't help.

But this has to work. Surely science says that this has to work..

So would appreciate others who have a long journey ahead too.

Although anyone is welcome. Sometimes I think I might need someone to tell me to get a grip and to stop making excuses.

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    andreadods wrote: »

Although anyone is welcome. Sometimes I think I might need someone to tell me to get a grip and to stop making excuses.

That statement is exactly what I told myself when I had 100 lbs to lose. I am now 64 down because of not making excuses anymore. You approach this with that attitude and you can do this! Have faith in yourself.
  • SueLee2963
    SueLee2963 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been self sabotaging for a while now and just saw the Dr, she said if I don't get my A1C down she's going to put me on meds.
    I think we can help each other with "no excuses allowed" 😃
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I have about 125 to lose but I have started my journey!....no excuses any more...it is time to do this....since June l I am down 29 lbs....so motivated and excited to do this....friend me!
  • theskyereport3
    theskyereport3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Sweetie!! I too have a disability and I am diabetic as well and my numbers were 400 two weeks ago..yikes!!! I am on 1700 mgs of Metformin and I refuse to go on insulin. You can do this and you have got this!!! I have since lost 12 pounds and dropped my numbers to 130...yay!!! I was a model and a personal trainer 15 years ago and I have 107 pounds to go. I am doing so well with this app and Jetfit and Fitness Point and the internet. I have been reading articles on nutrition, weight lifting and diabetes. I was on a 1200 calorie diet but I recently upped my calories to 1500. I have 107 pounds to loose to get back to my model size and fiance that supports me. We will get there together....blessings. So proud of you good luck on your weight loss journey. Friend me lets talk!!!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

I got myself off insulin and stayed off eating a pescatarian diet. Recent bloodwork results showed normal range on all.

Good luck with your journey!
  • andreadods
    andreadods Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone 😊
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    If you've had problems with getting discouraged when the scales aren't kind, I have also dealt with this in the past.

I ditched my scales... At least in the beginning. The last time I lost close to a 100 lbs, I never hopped on a scale until I knew I'd be happy with the number. I took some progress pictures every 2-3 weeks (strictly for my eyes only) and had inspirational clothes.

Started at around a size 22 pants/2X shirts, didn't hop on the scale until size 12 pants/misses medium shirts were getting loose!

Maintained for years, but recently ended up sick again and gained a lot of it back. Back on here again losing! Still haven't weighed yet.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! There's so many inspirational people on here, like LyndaBSS and Nighthawk584, and many others who all share their successes and advice on losing and reversing health problems!!