Lotto Dreams

Options
unstableunicorn
unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
Hubby & I were recently discussing lotto dreams, and I realized that we are somewhat unexciting on that front. 😆 He would keep working for our current employer until someone ticked him off enough to quit, then he’d get his welding tickets updated/upgraded and self-employ/contract to keep busy. I’d become a SAHFBM (stay at home furbaby mum) and focus on getting/staying healthy. There’s a list of gifts, donations, etc, of course, but the only other special dream is to finally go on a honeymoon: A week in Yukon spent fishing, hiking, and snuggling under the Northern Lights. 🥰

Big or small, exciting or mundane, what dream would you live?

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Hm. depends how much $ I won. If I won a decent amount - like LOTS - I would first buy a house for me. I don't want a mansion gigantic gold plated toilet type ridiculous house. I want a normal house preferably with some ocean views. Where I live in Australia though, the price for even a small normal house in the place I want it you're looking at minimum $3m. And this is not even the most fancy expensive suburb either. I like to flick through the real estate app and imagine which house I would buy - the last one that took my fancy sold for $5.4million. And it wasn't even massive. 4 normal sized bedrooms and a little bit of a back yard. Insane prices.

So yeah, I'd buy a house to live in. Then I'd buy an apartment to rent out, and so that my daughter could live in it later when she wants to leave home and you know, do stuff.

I would get a little piece of land out where my parents live in the country and build a little cottage thing there so that when we visit we don't need to pile into mum's spare room.

I would set up some sort of helping all the cats and other animals shelter thingy, or fund a current already open all the cats and other animals shelter thingy to make sure it stays open and working.

Not much else. Able to go on holidays to places without worrying too much. And i'd still work part time. Preferably with cats.
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Help family. Open a cat sanctuary.
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    Hm. depends how much $ I won. If I won a decent amount - like LOTS - I would first buy a house for me. I don't want a mansion gigantic gold plated toilet type ridiculous house. I want a normal house preferably with some ocean views. Where I live in Australia though, the price for even a small normal house in the place I want it you're looking at minimum $3m. And this is not even the most fancy expensive suburb either. I like to flick through the real estate app and imagine which house I would buy -

I do something similar. We would probably keep renting, but every now and then I like to look at local real estate listings and mentally decorate. :D
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I've also always wanted to run a animal sanctuary leaning towards cats! A few of us think alike.
    I'd just start traveling at first. I'd invest in a few things to keep my money making money so that I don't run out of it eventually.
    I'd buy my mom a house and a maid and other people to come by and help out with the daily things. Get my little brother an education and any help he needs to get a step up in life. My niece and nephew would get a trust fund for when they turn 18-25 I haven't decided on the age restrictions.
    Ultimately after exploring a lot of the world I'd want to just let some 'cause' consume me. I've always wanted to do something 'important' and meaningful but the day to day of just getting by has used up all of my energy.
    Also I'd always look rad af and have unnecessary long nails. I could pay someone to wipe for me! 😂😂😂