Appetite

I’ve just ate my lunch- And I’m still feeling Hungry. My appetite has grown so Big I need to cut it down... Anyone any tips?

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    What is your height, age, weight, and activity level?
    How much are you trying to lose?
    What is your daily calorie goal?
    Are you exercising? If so, are you eating back a portion of those calories?

What did you eat for breakfast?
    What did you eat for lunch?

Have you tried adding more volume to your meals of low calorie food?

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    Appetite can be physical or mental.

Try experimenting with your macros; some people find protein more satiating, others find their appetite is less on a higher fat diet. Also, think about when you don't get hungry; for example if I'm utterly engrossed in a task, I don't get any 'hunger' sensations even when my body is physically ravenous! So for me, the key to controlling my appetite is avoiding boredom.
  • BeAuDiNeB19
    BeAuDiNeB19 Posts: 2 Member
    It’s only my first Day back at it, after probably one year.. I’m 5;3 and about 172 pounds🙈. I’ve put my calories down for 1400 and I hope to try get to the gym atleast 3 times this week....

It could be a mental thing as you say,.. 🌈
    Thank you both for your messages!!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited August 2019
    If it's partly psychological could try a few tricks. They sound crazy, but they work:

1. Serve food on a smaller plate.
    2. Eat with the small fork and small spoon.
    3. Take smaller bites.
    4. Chew each bite thoroughly and swallow before starting next bite.
    5. Make meals last longer (try to make one meal last 15 minutes).

These are a few psychological tricks for feeling more satisfied and feeling fuller faster.

The macros can play a part in feeling fuller for longer.

I've been trying to flip my meal schedule, eating a 600-900 calorie lunch--with higher fat (olive oil and cheeses), protein, and at least one-two servings veggies and fruits. Then a lighter later dinner (one piece of meat and one-two servings of veggies). Light breakfast and light snacking (I snack a lot on fruit...I pop a few cherries or cherry tomatoes).

It works for me when I can pull it off, but job and being out of the house throw me off some days.

Good luck!

• Mahayogi_Das
    Mahayogi_Das Posts: 37 Member
    Have you tried drinking a large glass of water with your meal?
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Have you tried drinking a large glass of water with your meal?

LOL. I forgot that one...I usually add that to my list above of things that help my family control appetite... To drink water before and during a meal!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    I too often feel "hungry" when I'm bored. Often a walk will kill my hunger signals if it's not real hunger. Also be sure you get lots of fiber as it helps with that full feeling. I find if I eat half veggies on my dinner plate I'm full.

My standard question to myself when I want to eat is "would you eat a plate of zuchinni?". If the answer is no then I'm probably not physically hungry, lol.