New and ready to kick some butt

Options
shrinkingweez
shrinkingweez Posts: 25 Member
edited August 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone!

I have finally started to make some good progress in my weight loss (started at 300lbs and now at 285.7lbs), and I want to continue that. I feel like MFP and logging is the way to go.

I'd love to make some friends who are in my boat! I'm 5 feet and 5 inches, so I'm considered morbidly obese for my size. I'm female, 32, and take some medications that mess with weight loss/gain (but not enough that I will use them as an excuse not to do it). I'm pretty unfit, but I am really trying to make an effort to improve in that area. Having some motivation buddies would be lovely.

I'm super ready to make this change, one little pound at a time, so that I can be healthier and feel better about myself.

I started to blog on here today too, because I think the accountability of doing that/setting my thoughts down, will help me stay on track. Does anyone else do that?

Anyway, nice to meet you all.

Edit: Oh, right, forgot to say that I added last week's weight as my start weight on MFP as that's when I signed up, so the website only thinks I've lost 2lbs.

Replies

• JudyKenova4
    JudyKenova4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I'll send you a friend request :-) I am 41 year old female and I have 140 pounds to lose.! Starting at 310 lbs with a goal of 170 lbs. I am 5 foot 10.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

I started mfp in June but put my starting weight as September 2018's weight, which is when I started trying to lose weight on my own.

Good luck with your journey!
  • siouxieq62
    siouxieq62 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I will also send you a friend request. I am 67 and need to lose the pounds I have gained back. I had lost 65 but gained back 45. Once I get back to that weight, I intend to lose another 30 or 40! For some reason I am finding more motivation this time round and have lost 11 pounds so far. Because I got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, I am much more careful weighing and measuring. Would love to join you in your journey :)
  • shrinkingweez
    Options
    Sounds great! I'll send you a friend request :-) I am 41 year old female and I have 140 pounds to lose.! Starting at 310 lbs with a goal of 170 lbs. I am 5 foot 10.

Lovely to meet you, and good to meet someone else trying to lose from a similar weight! We can do this!
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

I started mfp in June but put my starting weight as September 2018's weight, which is when I started trying to lose weight on my own.

Good luck with your journey!

Thank you! I think it's too late to change my starting weight on MFP now, but it doesn't matter.
    siouxieq62 wrote: »
    I will also send you a friend request. I am 67 and need to lose the pounds I have gained back. I had lost 65 but gained back 45. Once I get back to that weight, I intend to lose another 30 or 40! For some reason I am finding more motivation this time round and have lost 11 pounds so far. Because I got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, I am much more careful weighing and measuring. Would love to join you in your journey :)

Oh wow, glad to have you along as a friend! It's impressive that you've already lost that much weight once, so I have every faith you can do it again.
  • lesliemcmillian6
    lesliemcmillian6 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • shrinkingweez
    Options
    I will do!