Anyone run a blog/website?

Options
abetterluke
abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
I started a blog a month or so ago...it's been doing ok so far but I'd love to talk to some other people who have had some success with a blog or website (even minor success).

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I've run an outdoor community forum since 1997 and been part of several other communities voer the years. I also ran a blog for a few years. All have been decent in success, but nothing monumental. The comminyt website is still going but really has tappered off in participation. Amazing the level of activity for dang near 15 years.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I just started working on a blog to log my weight loss up and downs over the next year. i decided to do it after following quite a few fit bloggers and weight los sbloggers who were very inspirational. Hoping to have it up and running by end of the weekend. :)

https://fat2fitby30.blogspot.com
    i literally just named it, and threw a random template on it. haha . work has kept me uber busy this week.

i think it is an awesome idea for anyone trying to lose weight or break a bad habit. holds you accountable and you do a alot of good for others if people start following you. At least that is what I think. Sharing experiances is wonderful motivation!:bigsmile:
  • abetterluke
    Options
    I just started working on a blog to log my weight loss up and downs over the next year. i decided to do it after following quite a few fit bloggers and weight los sbloggers who were very inspirational. Hoping to have it up and running by end of the weekend. :)

i literally just named it, and threw a random template on it. haha . work has kept me uber busy this week.

i think it is an awesome idea for anyone trying to lose weight or break a bad habit. holds you accountable and you do a alot of good for others if people start following you. At least that is what I think. Sharing experiances is wonderful motivation!:bigsmile:

I had a weight loss accountability blog before that worked out pretty well. My current blog is about vegetable gardening. www.growyourgrub.com
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

I had a weight loss accountability blog before that worked out pretty well. My current blog is about vegetable gardening. www.growyourgrub.com

that looks great... I'd love to start doing that, the trouble is I live in Bahrain and all of what I know about vegetable gardening is based on the British climate... I might look at your map for florida because the florida climate is a bit like Bahrain (hot and humid) although the soil's probably a lot different.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    lol I run an anime blog and have had decent success.

Not really proud of that though, because well...it's an ANIME blog. :\
  • abetterluke
    Options

that looks great... I'd love to start doing that, the trouble is I live in Bahrain and all of what I know about vegetable gardening is based on the British climate... I might look at your map for florida because the florida climate is a bit like Bahrain (hot and humid) although the soil's probably a lot different.

Soil can be easily fixed :)
  • abetterluke
    Options
    lol I run an anime blog and have had decent success.

Not really proud of that though, because well...it's an ANIME blog. :\

Lol. Yeah I'm not an anime guy. Congrats on a successful blog though. What's the address? I'd be curious to check it out if only to see a good example of a successful blog. Also...any tips for someone starting out?
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    ok well, I decided to stick to the blog they have here on MFP, its easier for me right now to just go to ONE page haha. But i look forward to reading yours!! :)

Besides, Blogger for some reason is being a jerk and not letting me edit the way i would like to. Oh well.!
  • youngmind
    Options
    I write a blog on meditation and another personal success. I love writing, just that it is time-consuming. Go at the right pace, and you will enjoy the process.