MyFitness Premium

Sharilyn1218
Sharilyn1218 Posts: 1 Member
edited August 2019 in Food and Nutrition
Is it worth having the premium $10 a month? Why?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Is that how much it is now?!? :o It used to be $50 per year.

I don't know if it's worth it, as I've never had it. I've been a member since 2012 and never found anything more I needed from the site.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited August 2019
    I chose an annual membership just to be rid of the ads. I knew I wasn't mentally strong enough to avoid pizza if I kept seeing ads for it.

I also like seeing the times I'm eating. It helps me figure out which foods keep me satiated.

And it is still $50/year.
  • ryanmichaelhorn
    ryanmichaelhorn Posts: 13 Member
    Aside from eliminating ads, it's really up to your goals.

For me, it's important to be able to manipulate my macronutrients by the gram instead of just by % as well as to quick add macronutrients without having to create a new food every time I can't find something in the library. I'm also a bit of a data nerd, so I also like the ability to export data to analyze elsewhere.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Premium would only be worth it to me if the glitchy and cluttered database was first cleaned up.
  • Sylphadora
    Sylphadora Posts: 75 Member
    $10 a month? $10 A MONTH? 😯 Just to track your calories and a bit else? Seems a bit steep to me
  • GrizzledSquirrel
    GrizzledSquirrel Posts: 120 Member
    I think it’s a shame that non-premium members can’t start threads. It means that threads turnover less often and I’m not as inclined to check in with MFP as often. Surely MFP WANT people on the app all the time to keep their ad viewings up.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    I think it’s a shame that non-premium members can’t start threads. It means that threads turnover less often and I’m not as inclined to check in with MFP as often. Surely MFP WANT people on the app all the time to keep their ad viewings up.

Free members can start threads...perhaps not if they are on moderation.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Well I certainly wouldn't pay $10 a month, but at $50 a year, it works out to just over $4 a month if you pay annually, which is what I do.

If it is worth it is all up to you. You get an ad free experience, as well as some extra macro tracking features, and a few other features. It is not going to completely revolutionize MFP for you or anything. They are clear with you about what you get and don't get for the membership. If you think those things will be worth it, go for it. But if not, you can continue to use the free one, which is what the vast majority of people do.