Weight Training Help??

Options
ArtsyBrainz
ArtsyBrainz Posts: 112 Member
edited August 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
I am making this because I’ve read from my other posts that strength training can help sculpt my body the way I want it. I was wondering if anyone can explain it better and how and what I can do to start it. Someone sent me a link before but I can’t sign up or pay for anything or anyone to help me with this. I do have to gain weight and so I don’t want to do anything that’ll cause me to lose weight. I want to gain and sculpt at the same time if that is possible. I don’t own any weights at home sadly. I don’t want to use much equipment since I don’t own any machines or anything. Any information helps! Thank you. :)

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Seconding working with your treatment team.

I posted a simple bodyweight routine (Nerdfitness - it’s a free beginner bodyweight routine) in your other thread, print it out and run it past your treatment team.

Cheers, h.
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Don’t need anybody’s permission to read a book right?

https://www.amazon.com/Starting-Strength-Basic-Barbell-Training/dp/0982522738
  • ArtsyBrainz
    Options
    @sardelsa @middlehaitch

I am allowed to do exercise I have already talked with them. Also I clicked the link but it wanted my email. I don’t give that to sites because of safety reasons. At least that’s what I’ve been taught.

@wiigelec

I can’t pay for anything
  • wiigelec
    Options
    Can’t buy groceries?
  • ArtsyBrainz
    Options
    I’m still young I don’t have a lot of money rn and yes I’ve already spoken to my doctors about everything. They are fine with it as long as I eat to compensate since I want to gain weight and shape my body.

@wiigelec
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    No need for email. I’ve had the routine for when I travel for years and never logged in.

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

You tube has a lot of simple routines that you can do at home without equipment, Hasfit is good.
    If you need a weight, household items will do. A couple of tins of beans or refilled milk jugs work well.

Happy to hear exercise is cleared.

Cheers, h.
  • wiigelec
    edited August 2019
    Options
    So you can’t buy a less than $30 book?
  • wiigelec
    Options
    Maybe try the local library?
  • MikeRobi81
    MikeRobi81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @sardelsa @middlehaitch

I am allowed to do exercise I have already talked with them. Also I clicked the link but it wanted my email. I don’t give that to sites because of safety reasons. At least that’s what I’ve been taught.

@wiigelec

I can’t pay for anything

make a different email address for sites that wants your email. If you're not to sure, google that website and find out if its a scam or legit site.