Hello Everyone!

Options
Howdy! I'm new to this site, but definitely not new to trying to control my weight...lol! In the past month I've lost 10 pounds and I'm looking forward to losing another 200! Fortunately I have a partner who went thru the weight-loss surgery process with his deceased wife, so I've got a great coach and what looks like a fantastic team of people helping me do this. I used to be an avid hiker and am looking forward to getting back into it. I'm what my friends call a "serial gardener", not because I kill my plants but because I loving working with them and trying new things. My hostas have learned to like it in the sun, my bonsai maples boast morning glory blooms each summer, and there's always something new being planned or grown! This year I have a mobile lemon tree growing outside, which may not sound that impressive until you find out I live in Northern Michigan, about 40 miles away from the Mackinac Bridge! Besides gardening, I enjoy painting, a little bit of online gaming (FOE), reading, exploring new towns, and spending time with my 3 cats, Stella (a Maine Coon mix), Grumpy (tuxedo), and Anthony (the 3-year old kitten who loves long-distance jumping). Other than that, most things about me are subject to change, and often do! If you've actually read this far, drop a note and say "hello"! I'd enjoy hearing from you!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Good luck with your journey!
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hey Dan, welcome! Morning glories on a bonsai maple sounds amazing!
  • Me4now2Day
    Me4now2Day Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It’s a great community.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    Hi il 56 married and retired 3 children 4 grand children, 2 cats, 2 dogs. Hopefully losing weight iand keeping fit is my target . I love my little garden and just finally got back small greenhouse.
    Added friends this time around and it seems to keep me motivated.