Feeling Good

Options
I am feeling good about where I am and where I am going. It just seems hard to keep motivated to keep moving sometimes. I run a busy life with kids and activities, and sometimes just want to sit and do nothing. I know that is ok sometimes - but need to let it be less often than not.
Please let me know of ways that keep you motivated to move and maybe some activitites that I can do 'on the go'.
Feel free to friend me to help keep us motivated!

Replies

• verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound harsh, but it is the best and most real advice I've ever had when it comes to staying motivated: If you really want it, you will find a way to do it.

That's it. You'll figure it out. It may take a while to get the hang of it, but with enough courage and determination you can do anything you set your mind to.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    You don't say how old your kids are but do active things with them. If they're little, go to the park and play tag so you're running. If the kids are older, how about roller blading or playing a little one on one basketball (it doesn't matter if you're good or not, it gets you moving and you're showing your kids you know how to have fun!). When you're doing housework, be purposeful of how you move. It may sound silly, but I 'lift' my vacuum several times before I plug it in, I squat a few times before cleaning the tub, etc. If you have a home with a stairway, run up and down the stairs a few extra times a day.

As far as being motivated is concerned, that really is up to you. In the beginning (for about 6-8 months) I just had to make myself do the right things. Now they're second nature and I truly am motivated to keep going and do more.
  • mom2tm
    mom2tm Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I am starting this week fresh - a new week!! Got up this morning and worked out before getting ready and getting the kids up for school. Then I don't have to feel guilty if I don't get to it tonight! :)