Scale Recommendations?

Options
I’m an everyday weigh-iner. The more data the better! Since being a SAHM I sometimes step on the scale after going to the bathroom or just once in the morning then after eating lunch. I want a REALLY sensitive scale, like I want to see that 16 oz of water I just invested accounted for. My current scale has “digital memory” where if the weights within a certain percent the output doesn’t change. Any recommendations?

I also want a food scale where I dump my shredded cheese on and it can real time tell me every gram I remove. Mine does okay, but it doesn’t register every gram every time and that bothers me more then it should.

I’ll note it’s more because I want my measurements to be precise, not because I obsess over every gram or ounce of weight!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I have a Withings Body Smart Scale and love it. It syncs through the Health Mate app which then syncs to mfp. It even tells me the weather for the day.

For my food scale, I have the Greater Goods Digital Food Scale. This is my bff. You can tare the weight once you put a bowl on, then only weigh whatever you put in it. Yes, you can do your cheese thing with it. Less than $10 on Amazon.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I have been through 7-8 scales over the years. The Tanita HD351 is the absolute most accurate scale I have ever used.

If I pick up my 10.4 pound cat, the scale reads exactly 10.4 pounds higher. Not 10.3. Not 10.5.

If I put the cat back down, the scale reverts to exactly what it previously said my weight was.

If I stack dumbells on it, which I have done, it is never off. Not even by a tenth of a pound.

Doesn't matter what kind of surface it's on. It doesn't care if the room is hot, cold, wet, dry, angle, no angle, use it in the same place, move it and take another reading, nothing matters. You get the same reading every single time.

There is no other scale on the market even remotely as accurate as the Tanita.
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I also have a Whitings Body Scale wi-fi that I bought 5-6 years ago. Would do it again.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I have Fitbit Aria scales.

If I had to replace them I'd probably spend about one tenth the price and just get normal scales.

All the additional metrics and Wifi and stuff has proven to be a complete waste of money. Then again they have lasted me for many many years so perhaps they've been worth it from that perspective as cheaper scales may have died on me long ago.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've been a fan of my Renpho scale because it syncs over Bluetooth to its app on my phone, which then syncs to my Fitbit app and through that to myfitnesspal as well - no typing in weight every time, all automatic! :-)