People who successfully lost weight in their 20s and 30s

Options
Hello,

I'm writing an in-depth paper on people who successfully lost weight in their 20s and 30s. I'm looking to document a collection of success stories, including the challenges faced and issues beyond just diet and exercise. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    What are you writing the paper for? Is this a class project, a formal study, a news article, something else?
  • stephenherb
    stephenherb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. It's for an online news editorial based in Australasia.
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I can help, but I'd rather not drone on in a long post. You can message me if you'd like.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10759145/for-those-who-have-lost-and-gained-and-are-losing-again-what-ive-learned/p1

I'm currently 31, my first major attempt was when I was 26. My success the second time was based a lot in mental health strides, so I think that will be helpful for you.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    How much weight? Like, all the way to goal, or just more than a pound? And are you looking for people who have kept it off, or yo-yo dieters? Or people who started with hundreds to lose vs 50 to lose vs people who only needed to drop 10?

This doesn't seem like a very focused topic so far.
  • Butt_Snorkeler
    Butt_Snorkeler Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    18-24 yrs old: Kept a solid 12% or better athletic frame without even dieting. Could eat McDonalds every morning for breakfast with a large sweet tea.

24: My first diet which only consisted of picking the macros I wanted but not counting calories. Ate to gain and lost fat quickly as I gained muscle. 2 inches lost in the waist within 3 months and gained everywhere else I wanted

29: My first diet where I incorporated calorie counting. Results were much slower and harder to achieve than when I was 24. Adhered to a very strict diet combined with 15 miles of cardio per day combined with starting strength. Cut down from 22% BF down to 14% over 6 months.

I usually cycle and let myself get lazy and fatten up to 18% body fat and thsn diet back down to 14%, so every 2 years or so. However starting my first real calorie counting diet in the past 4 years and im back up to 22% due to loving life and eating great foods 😂.

Now 33: Just starting my journey again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!