Connect Treadmill to Strava

Machka9
Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
I have a treadmill and I walk/run on it, especially when the weather is bad or it's dark outside ... and I'd like to connect it to Strava.

There are 101 apps that might do the trick. My question is, have any of you had any luck with one in particular.

Thanks!

Replies

• stealth010101
    stealth010101 Posts: 4 Member
    I use my Garmin watch which has a treadmill option. Alternatively you can just manually add it.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    edited August 2019
    I just manually enter it. If you run with incline, you can use online calculators to determine the altitude climbed. The only thing for Strava is that manual entries are not counted for leaderboards, challenges.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    What protocols does your treadmill have the capability to share its data with? (Bluetooth? ANT+?)
    What device(s) do you have to receive that data?

For example my indoor trainer is a Wattbike and I can link my phone to the Wattbike and the Wattbike app links into Strava.
    I can also link my Garmin Edge to the Wattbike's sensors and Garmin links to Strava.
  • Machka9
    The treadmill has bluetooth ... and I'm going to try something from Wahoo, I think, to see if I can either track me and what I'm doing or pick up the bluetooth info the treadmill puts out.

I've been doing the manual entry thing, and my treadmill shows me vertical metres ... but I'd like it tracked more automatically! :)
  • stealth010101
    stealth010101 Posts: 4 Member
    Just a thought, you could subscribe to Zwift and all you need then is a footpod. It makes running a bit more interesting on a treadmill as well. I was going to try it but have had to put it on hold as I broke my neck doh.
  • Machka9
    Just a thought, you could subscribe to Zwift and all you need then is a footpod. It makes running a bit more interesting on a treadmill as well. I was going to try it but have had to put it on hold as I broke my neck doh.

That's the route I was trying to go but getting a footpod is easier said than done. That's an incredibly expensive option.

So my local shop did some research and I've got a Wahoo TickrX HRM which connects very nicely to Strava. I don't know about Zwift yet, but might try it next.

Sorry about your neck!