Time to lose 20 lbs/Clean eating?

Options
katefey6
katefey6 Posts: 1
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi :) I am a 17 year old girl, and over the past couple of years I've gained about 25 pounds that I am trying to lose. Since Monday, I've gone to the gym every day and burned at least 500 calories, while I've consumed no more than 1200 (net) calories as well. At this rate, about how long will it take to lose 20-25 pounds?
Also, is there a difference between eating 1200 "clean" calories vs. 1200 normal calories? For example, if I eat 1200 calories in fruits, vegetables, and lean protein, will my body go through the same transformation that it would if I (hypothetically) ate 1200 calories of french fries, pasta, and cookies?
Thanks for your help and good luck on your journeys :)

Replies

• reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Calories are calories, but If you eat 'clean' you will probably be healthier and stick to it better. Healthier because you will be getting better overall nutrition. Stick to it better because the amount of food (weight or bulk) per calories is greater with clean food than with Little Debbie's or Fettuccine Alfredo, you won't be as hungry. Good for you starting early in life.
This discussion has been closed.