Plateau

Options
Hey everyone,

I've hit a what to me seems like a serious plateau. I've been at 195 for a week now with the goal of getting down to 190-ish. Started at 220 late last year and just recently started to count calories/macros for the last 35 days. I lift weights 5x a week along with the occasional cross fit cardio type workout days. Any suggestions on what to do? I'm 195 at 5'7 with the plan to cut down as lean as comfortably possible and then add 500 cal surplus.

Estimated maintenance cal-2000
Current cutting cals-1680
I've experimented with 1700-1850 but didn't see results as quickly as I liked.

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,464 Member
    Options
    Agree, not a plateau. Any chance I can talk you out of quickly?

Training needs proper fuel. A high level of fitness needs spot on eating. The calculators are based on averages. The averages give us a place to start, but no one is exactly average. You need to know how your own body reacts to how you are training and eating. In the end all you’ve got is trial and error. Trial and error takes time. One week is not a sufficient test of what you’re currently doing.

Keep reading this board and you’ll see how many people wreck themselves over the time factor. Embrace the process. There’s no finish line. If you achieve your goals you’ll soon forget how long it took.
  • BuddhaBunnyFTW
    BuddhaBunnyFTW Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Patience, there is no immediacy in life beyond what we perceive. Be kind to yourself and believe in yourself. You are doing very well. :)
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Fluctuations and plateaus are a normal part of the process, so don't worry about it.