Will my belly button ever look normal again?

Options
I’ve lost 68 lbs. in about 20 months. I’m 26, 5’7”, and went from 200 pounds to 132 pounds. I feel I would be happy with my current figure if it weren’t for my saggy, droopy belly button, that I really dislike. If I lose more will it go in and up or just look worse? I would like a vertical belly button rather than horizontal.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Your bb looks perfectly “normal“ to me. I don’t think there’s anything you can do to change it to vertical. I’ve never heard of that!
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the belly button but you look AMAZING! I agree with the others, I'd never look at you and think that your belly button looks weird.
  • peachvine29
    peachvine29 Posts: 400 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    yelliezx wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the belly button but you look AMAZING! I agree with the others, I'd never look at you and think that your belly button looks weird.

Thank you! And that is good to know :)
  • peachvine29
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Your bb looks perfectly “normal“ to me. I don’t think there’s anything you can do to change it to vertical. I’ve never heard of that!

Haha. It honestly bothers me but maybe it's just not a big deal... Lol.
  • peachvine29
    Options
    Mine looks like that (more exaggerated actually). The appearance did get better the closer I got to 120 (but I’m 5’4”) when I was in my mid-20s but not enough that I ever felt confident to wear a bikini. I regret it. Looking back at pictures I realize it was genuinely my own perception that stopped me and not my physique. I personally think you look awesome! I wouldn’t think twice about your belly button to be honest. All I see in this photo is a fit girl rocking a bikini!

The elasticity of your skin seems to be in great shape from the picture (and your age is working in your favor) so I think you will be able to get closer to the appearance that you want with some fat loss and body recomp but it will be a patient process. You ultimately have to do what’s right and healthy for you, but I wouldn’t base it solely on your belly button because you honestly look phenomenal!

Your transformation is incredible and you have so much to be proud of ! (Including your belly button!) Congratulations!

Thank you so much!!!

That photo was actually taken in early June, and I didn't get that bikini because I didn't feel ready for it, got a one piece instead. I was 5 pounds heavier than I am now, and I still don't feel bikini ready. Maybe it is just a mental roadblock. I am going to try and lose a bit more fat to see how my body responds and if the shape of my bb improves.

Thank you :)
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,001 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    you look awesome but I understand the belly button problem, I have the horizontal button now too. That being said, it is a small price to pay for being dangerously obese like I was.
    0u3p0ide4in3.jpg
  • peachvine29
    Options
    you look awesome but I understand the belly button problem, I have the horizontal button now too. That being said, it is a small price to pay for being dangerously obese like I was.
    0u3p0ide4in3.jpg

Thank you for sharing. You look great too! You're right, it is a small price to pay... I wish I didn't have to pay it but I'm probably focusing on it too much. I'll try and learn to accept and love it as it is.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

OP, you look amazing! congrats on the loss
  • peachvine29
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »

OP, you look amazing! congrats on the loss

I appreciate that. Thank you!
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest I don't even have any idea what my belly button looks like. There will ALWAYS be something we want to change about our body if allow ourselves to be in that mindset. I have noticed a lot of your posts are like that. Even with all of your amazing progress, they are usually related to wanting to change something, or get skinnier, or something else. The truth is, at some point, there is nothing we are going to be able to do physically to make ourselves satisfied with our body. We can keep losing and changing things, but that only takes us so far. A lot of the work is mental and emotional. We can only fix that inwards, not outwards.
  • come_on_abs
    come_on_abs Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great job, looking fit!
  • peachvine29
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    I'll be honest I don't even have any idea what my belly button looks like. There will ALWAYS be something we want to change about our body if allow ourselves to be in that mindset. I have noticed a lot of your posts are like that. Even with all of your amazing progress, they are usually related to wanting to change something, or get skinnier, or something else. The truth is, at some point, there is nothing we are going to be able to do physically to make ourselves satisfied with our body. We can keep losing and changing things, but that only takes us so far. A lot of the work is mental and emotional. We can only fix that inwards, not outwards.

Thanks for the truth bomb, lol. It's given me a lot to think about. You're right. I've been in the mindset of wanting to change for so long that it really is a rut that's hard to break out of. I know what I need to work towards (Self love, acceptance, peace) and I will do so. Thank you for the awareness you've given me.